Transitional Superfast 1969-70
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transitional Superfast 1969-70

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #16

Senior Boarder

Another popular model, No. 31 Lincoln Continental, produced from 1964 to 1971. The car looked beautiful in the metallic blue it first debuted in, then switched to the more well-known non-metallic aqua green for its remaining Regular wheel years. In 1970, the model's color was again changed to a metallic green-gold when it switched to Superfast thin wheels. Two extremely rare models resulted from the change, a Regular wheel green-gold and an even rarer Superfast aqua green. I don't have either of these! Shown on top of the boxes is a harder-to-find wide wheel Superfast Lincoln. The Regular wheel version, like the No.22 Pontiac, was fitted with small wheels and sat low, so the change to Superfast suspension "lifted" both models up. The wheel wells on the body rounded out accommodating another change, the wide wheel Lincoln sits even higher than the thin wheel, a bit bizarre!
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by CKlaus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #17

Senior Boarder

A closer view of the two Superfast Lincolns. Loses some charm though, with the altered body lines with larger wheel wells "cut out" to accommodate wide wheels on the right side Lincoln.

Thanks to all who collect, sharing their experiences and knowledge at this site. That way it seems the REST of the world is crazy when they don't understand a grown person's need to collect toy cars! And forgot to mention I like those gold and green Rolls Royces, too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO, CollectorandrestorerMark, fseelye

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
There are many more.
Got a nice MIB red ford truck with the white windowed canopy, thin superfast transition wheels and turquoise chassis.
Was quite pleased to get it at a reasonable price.
Hope you will show more of your collection.
Or shall i show mine?

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #19

Senior Boarder

I'll give it a try! No. 6 regular wheel Ford Pickups and no. 50 Kennel Trucks in back, with Superfast versions in front. All have black bases except the inside Superfast Ford Pickup has an aqua base (Lincoln leftovers?). Please display your models as well!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO, RoutemasterNL, fseelye

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Those classic MB's Ford Pickups look in superb condition including boxes is a real plus in collecting.

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Model #69 the Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow DHC was meant to be a 'Regular Wheel' model but was added to the 5 new 'Superfast' models in late 1969.

The picture below gives you some idea of how many versions it is possible to collect and because of the Two body castings found on this model, it is necessary to display them as Two rows depicting 'A' line and 'B' line as both were in production at the same time.

Models on the left are the 'A' line, they have different treatment of the rear bumper around the towing hook and larger door locks. This picture is now quite old and I have filled some of the gaps with the missing versions and I may well have 10 models each side if I were to re-do the picture.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, RoutemasterNL, fseelye

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Impressive and a keen eye to spot those very small engineering changes like larger door locks.

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Not surpising really as he is the sites unofficial Rolls Royce expert. I would be suprised if he did not see that difference and someone else pointed it out to him.
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Not surpising really as he is the sites unofficial Rolls Royce expert. I would be suprised if he did not see that difference and someone else pointed it out to him.

No Jim, it was all my own work, you can ask any of the members here who also collect Rolls-Royce if they told me about the door lock difference.

Rollerman.

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
That is why I said I would be suprised. I know you would find that difference before anyone else.
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Trouble is, I don't get out much into the big wide World, so sit in doors looking at my models all Day long...

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Transitional Superfast 1969-70 3 years, 11 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
CKlaus wrote:

I'll give it a try! No. 6 regular wheel Ford Pickups and no. 50 Kennel Trucks in back, with Superfast versions in front. All have black bases except the inside Superfast Ford Pickup has an aqua base (Lincoln leftovers?). Please display your models as well!

Mine is aqua too, its an exceptional rare model worth more than the others.
  • Page: