Some Matchbox Superkings I have
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some Matchbox Superkings I have

Some Matchbox Superkings I have 4 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Firstly the original first colour scheme for the Mercury station wagon with racing trailer and Cougar dragster. This is special to me as they were the 1st EVER diecast toy cars I had as a child, aged 3 in 1974. The originals ones were run into the ground and are no more but I bought back the original set gradually from Ebay and reconstructed it.

The Cougar dragster was an update of the earlier road car type Cougar by MB in the Kingsize range and when at a toyfair at Bedfordshire a few years ago, I came across one with a lopped off roof and thought hmmmm......

A replica of a real 1:1 car that was converted in America (as the original 1967 1st gen Cougar was never made as a convertible in regular production). The hood and windscreen are adapted from the ones intended for the Corgi Chevrolet Camaro. Sometimes I put it on the yellow trailer towed by the wagon!

Re: Some Matchbox Superkings I have 4 years ago #2

A lot of playvalue in that set!. Great models
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Some Matchbox Superkings I have 4 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Ah yes, the original Mercury Wagon and trailer.

Wonder which one came first?

Re: Some Matchbox Superkings I have 4 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
CollectorandrestorerMark wrote:

That is a beautiful Code3 job combining the Corgi Camaro roof and windscreen with the Cougar.

Well done
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Some Matchbox Superkings I have 4 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Did a similar conversion with a Camaro and Firebird

Re: Some Matchbox Superkings I have 4 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the thanks RVREVO! Glad you like the Cougar convertible!

As for the racing set, I'm fairly sure the green one with the mauve dragster came first but don't mind if I'm proved wrong.
  • Page: