Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bulgarian Matchbox

Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Other than Ebay, does anyone know any sources for Bulgarian Matchbox, hopefully at a decent price?  Google searches reveal decent informational and picture results, but nothing for sale.  I'm on the hunt for variations of the #74 Mercury Cougar Villager.

Any leads are greatly appreciated!

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Bulgarian Matchbox vary in price.

sometimes cheap, sometimes expensive.

now the real question is... what colour are you after.

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
you missed out on the red one.

there is a blue one at a reasonable price.

www.ebay.com/itm/BULGARIAN-MATCHBOX-74-M...%26sd%3D351751375897

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #4

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the fast reply!

Any color except the ones that I already have! 

I've already got a nice red one, a couple of different greens, and a couple of blues.  I just grabbed this one from Ebay, which is similar to the one that you shared.  Looks like the same shade of blue, with blue tinted glass, and black interior.

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
My first Bulgarian matchbox cars was around ten Lincoln Continental. The rest that 6 wheeler range rover, and a couple of Baja bugs.

Got an RX7 coming and likely going as I have a psychological experiment running on selling mazda rx7 for a quick profit.
And if works too.

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I'm on the look out for any colours the old style British Ford Cortina MK2 (1966-70). Matchbox UK made it originally in the late 60's in metallic blue with superfast wheels or gold with the early wheels. Have both but have a Bulgarian one in silver with a black interior. Must do a new photo.

Bulgaria of course made it again in the 80's with the new style wheels.

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
These show up quite regular on eBay mostly from Bulgarian seller

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #8

Senior Boarder
It's been awhile since I've looked at that specific page on Alan Wank's website, but he usually has quite a good listing of Bulgarian Matchbox. Google "Alan Wank Toy Boy" and his vintage diecast site will come up. Once there, click the on the top left "Matchbox," then "Superfast," and finally on "Bulgarian," and models are listed there by their regular issue #'s: ex: 5 - Lotus Europa. I've purchased a number of models from him over the years, including a few of these! Always great to deal with as well as good selection and price. And interesting  mention of the Cortina in silver with black interior, the one I bought a few years back from Alan!
Last Edit: 4 years ago by CKlaus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, n2fordmuscle, fseelye

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #9

Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the replies.  I'm very active on Ebay.  I've been on there since '98.  I've got a saved and monitored search. 

I had found Alan's site before.  Most of the Bulgarian variations that you see in my picture are from his site, that I bought from him last year.  He's got a few more left, which I'm thinking about getting.

I was hoping to find a seller, in Bulgaria, that I could deal directly with.  Looks like they're already on Ebay though.

Re: Bulgarian Matchbox 4 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
If they are like me, contact them and they just might deal with you directly. If you have purchased off them, they have your email address. I give my customers a 10% discount for dealing directly with me.
  • Page: