Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: latest arrival

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
The pick ups are great, the wheels on the 57 Bel Air are too large for me. Don't like the rear wheel arches either, but it does make it interesting for custom fodder.

There is something wrong with the whole shape of the car, can't put my finger on it ,seems too short ? Maybe just the wheels though.

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Yes I agree as I have a couple and it looks like they have designed the wheel arches to suit the larger wheels. Lets have a look at them from Matchbox, Hot Wheels and Road Champs against Dinky rear wheel arches.

The two rear wheel arches on the extreme left being the Road Champs and the Dinky below look more like the real McCoy than the Matchbox and Hot Wheels. Actually I think it is really to do with the chassis height than the wheel arches.

Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
68 mustang gt cs (california special)

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
First of all, I am collecting British Classics but when I find a nice model as this little Volvo...

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 3 months ago #36

Senior Boarder
Just catching up on some of the junk stuff I have picked up. Well my son has anyway kind fellow just drops them off and says Dad can you do something with these like fix them up or something. Interesting is the Dinky Bedford garbage truck has double wheels been put on while the axle is a three inch bullet head nail by the looks of it. The Austin tin plate has just about rusted out while the cab over is not too bad only needs tyres and a bit of paint. Sadly there is a bit of metal fatigue in the trailer and has seen better days.

Like these treasures below my son picked up for me  for $20 bucks for the lot and looks like there is some potentials there for my imagination to sub-crumb too.

I think my son won these on eBay in two separate  bulk lot.

I can get some parts for the Dinky tanker and looks recoverable. Anyway we shall see what happens to all this new junk for me to play around with.

I really like the white colored panel truck with the loudspeakers on the roof, what is that? Trade maybe?? 

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 3 months ago #37

Senior Boarder
A few of my latest additions

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 3 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder

I really like the white colored panel truck with the loudspeakers on the roof, what is that? Trade maybe?? 

The white van is a Dinky Toys Speaker Van, #34c renumbered to 492 in 1957. Not that rare a van but in Good Condition can bring a fairly good price. It also comes without the Speaker as a delivery van. It is loosely based on an Early Bedford Delivery truck. I have a couple with and without speakers and have done a number of restorations and Code 3's of this really nice toy. I also have a thread in Tips and Hints on how to fix the axles.
Last Edit: 9 years, 3 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: latest arrival 9 years ago #39

Platinum Boarder
jeep..

Re: latest arrival 9 years ago #40

Platinum Boarder

Re: latest arrival 9 years ago #41

Platinum Boarder
ice cream..

Re: latest arrival 8 years, 11 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
new colour Holden..

Re: latest arrival 8 years, 11 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
I did not know this was a new color. Saw it  last time I was over the valley. Guess I should have grabbed it.

Re: latest arrival 8 years, 11 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
caterham..

Re: latest arrival 8 years, 11 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
new colour..