Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: latest arrival

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 7 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
sold for 56 pounds on ebay..

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 7 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Picked up a nice Austin Cooper S

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 7 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
sold foe $US71 on ebay..

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 7 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
This thread is supposed to be for toys that you have just recently purchased. Not toys that were sold on eBay. We already have a thread that has developed into just showing what has sold on eBay and that is not the point of this SITE in my opinion. If I wanted to see what sold on eBay I would be spending my time on eBay looking at the sold toys. This thread is for what you have BOUGHT, NOT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY OR WHAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS BOUGHT.

amarsden5 wrote:

sold for 56 pounds on ebay..

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 7 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
should be in general chat you think?

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 7 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
It is fine in Lesney & Matchbox just not in the latest arrivals thread. Start a new thread of its own like, \"What I could have won if I bid\" or \"What Sold on eBay that I just Missed\"or \"Can you believe what these toys sold for?\"We should try to be true to the title of the tread. You would not show a Ford in a Chevy\'s only post.
Here is part of what I just received about 2 weeks ago. I have posted some of these toys in other threads.

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
cadillac hearse..

Re:latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
jeep..

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #24

Platinum Boarder
I finally found that nice G.M.C. and also picked up the 57Chev

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
I also got the later model step side a while back

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Just catching up on some of the junk stuff I have picked up. Well my son has anyway kind fellow just drops them off and says Dad can you do something with these like fix them up or something. Interesting is the Dinky Bedford garbage truck has double wheels been put on while the axle is a three inch bullet head nail by the looks of it. The Austin tin plate has just about rusted out while the cab over is not too bad only needs tyres and a bit of paint. Sadly there is a bit of metal fatigue in the trailer and has seen better days.

Like these treasures below my son picked up for me  for $20 bucks for the lot and looks like there is some potentials there for my imagination to sub-crumb too.

I think my son won these on eBay in two separate  bulk lot.

I can get some parts for the Dinky tanker and looks recoverable. Anyway we shall see what happens to all this new junk for me to play around with.

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #27

The pick ups are great, the wheels on the 57 Bel Air are too large for me. Don't like the rear wheel arches either, but it does make it interesting for custom fodder.

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #28

You've got a couple great restore projects Jim. I'm kind of surprised how nice the two bin trucks are. Both have the doors on the bodies, do they both work?

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
  Picked this Sunny Side or Superior up on Australia Day while wondering around the fairgrounds by the shore in Geelong with the wife and she being a very nice person bought it for me.

1967 Chamaro 1/34 scale for $9 bucks.

Re: latest arrival 9 years, 4 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Yes Rob the doors work on the Dinky bin truck but it has lost its elevating gear. Might make up my own out of some cogs and stuff.

I just realized I am in the Matchbox Forum sorry guys.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim.