Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Yesteryear

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #361

Platinum Boarder
Very nice set indeed.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #362

Platinum Boarder
Amazing YYs!!!

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #363

Platinum Boarder
Some good models there and thanks for sharing. Cheers.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #364

Senior Boarder
I think a lot of the trials/prepros look much better than the production models.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #365

Platinum Boarder
All very nice and I have a few but not prepros. How can you tell the difference. Mine are all in boxes.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #366

Senior Boarder
If they're boxed they're unlikely to be prepro's. Preproduction models can have Y No.s missing and/or incomplete copyright dates.

Will also have other casting detail that differs from production models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #367

Senior Boarder
Prototypes can be made from different materials, or cobbled together using parts of other models. This model makers original for the Y12 van uses the front section of a Y1 Model T Ford car, the back half of the chassis of another one, plasticard body etc., etc.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #368

Platinum Boarder
That is great info. I did not think any of mine would be prepros as they are boxed and I have never heard of any pre-production model coming in a printed box. Maybe a plain brown card board box though.
Thanks again for the info.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month, 1 week ago #369

Platinum Boarder
I only have a few but they are mint. The bus was missing the rear stairs but for $10.00 I thought it was a good deal and the stairs only cost £.95 and shipping so £2.04

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Yesteryear 1 month ago #370

Senior Boarder
Just for info, this is these the correct model/box combinations for a couple of your models.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month ago #371

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I have the beige boxes for some and others have red boxes. They are as received from sellers over a decade ago. I have never seen the first box you show, that must be newer. I don't think I paid more that $15 each including shipping costs.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month ago #372

Senior Boarder

Re: Yesteryear 1 month ago #373

Senior Boarder
In the post above you see all the standard box types for models issued up to 1986. They are in chronological order and designated from the top as:-
Type A
Type B
Type C
Type D1
Type D2
Type D3
Type E
Type E1
Type F
Type G
Type H
Type I
Type J
The first three Type A boxes (Allchin, B Type bus, & Tram) can have 2 types of script numbers on the end flap.
There are 5 versions of the Type F box
There is an interim box here specific to the Y15 Packard of which there are 3 versions.
There are 2 versions of the Type G box
There are two versions of the type H box relating to either gold or white model numbers on the top of the box.
There are 4 versions of the Type I box
There are many versions of the Type J box.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month ago #374

Platinum Boarder
That is a lot of Y1 boxes. I had no idea.

Re: Yesteryear 1 month ago #375

Senior Boarder
There is a lot of info here
www.vintagebritishdiecasts.co.uk/yesteryears/yboxes.htm
that I supplied from my collection for Nick Jones, the owner of the site.
There are many sub variations within the base categories listed in my previous post