Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Yesteryear

Re: Yesteryear 1 year ago #331

Junior Boarder
I can only reiterate Kevin's points. It is a well documented problem. Not all sets suffer, but the majority do. You may be one of the lucky ones, but I still recommend the removal of the foam. Just store it separate from the cars so that the set remains complete. I have seen sets where the cars have been put in thin plastic bags to form a barrier to the foam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Yesteryear 1 year ago #332

Platinum Boarder
Tissue paper is the best.Wrap them up and put them back in the box. Cover with enough tissue paper to stop them from moving but don't squash them. They will be fine. Like YYS4BOB says, keep the foam in a bag to go with the set.

Re: Yesteryear 1 year ago #333

I would wrap them too in tissue paper, probably acid free paper is the best solution.

Re: Yesteryear 1 year ago #334

Platinum Boarder
Some interesting facts on Acid Free Tissue Paper I found on the net. See the link below.

www.koch.com.au/page/tissue-paper-facts

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 4 days ago #335

Platinum Boarder
Thought I had better post some Yesteryear Rolls-Royce models.

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 4 days ago #336

Platinum Boarder
The Fire Engine is my all time favourite Yesteryear due to the many years I have been researching this model and collecting examples from every year of production which started in 1977 and ended in 1988.

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 4 days ago #337

Platinum Boarder
In all those years there are a few oddities crop up like this one with winscreen on back to front but still looks OK!

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 4 days ago #338

Platinum Boarder
This shows the windscreen on the correct way.

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 3 days ago #339

Platinum Boarder
Every model shown here is from the 1978 production period and they are not duplicates so each one is different from the last one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 3 days ago #340

Platinum Boarder
Looks like 23 of them if you count the ones still in a package on the right of this picture. Wow, that is a collection of variations for sure.
Thanks for showing us this. It is a great model

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 3 days ago #341

Platinum Boarder
I could display a similar line up of variations from 1977, 1979, 1980 etc, etc only diminishing in the number of variations as the end of production approaches in 1988!

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 3 days ago #342

Platinum Boarder
That is a lot of fire engines. A convention!

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 3 days ago #343

Platinum Boarder
That is a great collection of YY Fire Engines, I have told the story about the local News Agent when I was younger getting all the latest Matchbox Models for me , he also sold me most of my YY's too , these boxes were my favourites of the boxes they came in, I have boxed away a very large collection of them , I remember the box change when the Cord came out , I did not know there were this many different Fire engines , great to see

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 3 days ago #344

Great collection Kevin! I never knew there were some many different ones out there. Did you ever find out why there are so many differences? I could imagine some errors Monday morning and Friday afternoon issues

Re: Yesteryear 1 week, 3 days ago #345

Junior Boarder
<p>RoutemasterNL wrote:
Great collection Kevin! I never knew there were some many different ones out there.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Neither did anybody else! Not been here for a while and have forgotten how your picture posting works or I'd add something here. Also don't know why all the extra marks appear when I post, they aren't there when I'm writing?</p>
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by YYS4BOB.