Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Yesteryear

Re: Yesteryear 6 years, 6 months ago #286

Platinum Boarder
thanks Drak, I should have seen that.

now there is a way to report this listing.

Re: Yesteryear 5 years, 12 months ago #287

Fresh Boarder
The model in question is correct that its a model T body with a Y25 Renault front. This point is not doubted so cannot complain about it. The problem arises when the description has it as a certain R&D persons personal mockup and therefore a prepro. It never sold for ages and then was bought and right away put on Ebay at a very high price with the seller claiming he wasn't out to make a quick buck ???
All of a sudden up pops another one ?? bit cheaper this time though. Also the timeline is all wrong - the Arnotts issued in 1982 and the Renault in 1983 - it used to take anything between 2 -3 years to bring a model to market so the Y25 would have been well on its way and sorted out mainly by this time so why botch 2 odd models together ?? It was around this time I met someone from the factory to do a swap on a rare model with some prepro Y25s - when I saw them I was dubious as base rivets were loose and other things wrong so declined the offer. I was told if I didn't like these I could get one in any colour I chose - the deal never took place.
I really doubt the genuiness of this model as do many other MOY collectors and it has sat on Ebay for many months now without a buyer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Yesteryear 5 years, 12 months ago #288

Platinum Boarder
Are they all like it? Maybe a design change, is mine rare too?

Mine too has only one steering mechanism.

Last Edit: 5 years, 12 months ago by dinkyjay.

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 9 months ago #289

Senior Boarder

Another great thread, Yesteryears with nice pictures and information. Shown are Y-11 Lagondas and Y-16 Mercedes with rarer versions up front. I just received the "strawberry" Lagonda over the weekend. They do make a nice display!
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by CKlaus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO, karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 9 months ago #290

Senior Boarder

And my "original fourteen" group of Yesteryears, which didn't cost me a fortune to collect. I purchased all as loose models, some as cheaply as five or six dollars apiece. And what a terrific group these are as well. Great Lesney quality!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO, karls

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 9 months ago #291

Great collection, thanks for sharing

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 9 months ago #292

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks for showing us some of your collection and that you found this forum and the many threads containing lots of PD members from the past in this growing collection of Yesteryear.

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 9 months ago #293

Platinum Boarder
CKlaus wrote:

Another great thread, Yesteryears with nice pictures and information. Shown are Y-11 Lagondas and Y-16 Mercedes with rarer versions up front. I just received the "strawberry" Lagonda over the weekend. They do make a nice display!

Ah yes, missing from this fine collection of Mercedes are the ones with the top down. Might show the more complete variants some time

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 2 months ago #294

Platinum Boarder
Some time ago Theo (RoutemasterNL). posted a picture of a Matchbox 'Models of Yesteryear' #15 1907 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost from the 'Giftware' range finished in 'Chrome' effect.

It was a very nice example but had lost it's rear seat which because they were Green, they are quite difficult to find as spare parts.

Here is another nice example to show us how wonderful these models are.

I remember suggesting to Theo a replacement may be available from myself. Not knowing of the traumatic period heading my way with my parents, I was not in a position to find a spare seat for him. I am now in a position to sort this out for him.

Theo, please send me a postal address via the forum's message system and I'll post them to you. I mean them because if I only send you the rear seat chances are it will be a different shade to the front seat (more than One distinct shade of Green plastic was used for these seats!), so I will send you a matched pair.

Rollerman.

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 2 months ago #295

That is great Kevin, thank you very much
I have your email address so I shall send you a private email

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 2 months ago #296

Fresh Boarder

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 2 months ago #297

Fresh Boarder

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 2 months ago #298

Fresh Boarder
Not been here for a while and forgotten the mechanics of the site so bear with me. The Atkinsons in the above posts show preproduction models along side production runs. I leave it to you to play "spot the difference".

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 2 months ago #299

Glad you are back Bob and thanks for your input.
Differences on the sides and on the front under the words Company and no 20 and 24. Am I right?
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Yesteryear 3 years, 2 months ago #300

Fresh Boarder
Partly right. There are differences between the two prepros to the left of the picture as well as differences to the production items. The Sand & Gravel example has different tampo decoration, painted boiler , different wheels & tyres.