Whether you're into Lesney Regular Wheels, Superfast, the Tyco Era or modern Mattel Matchbox, here's the place to chat about all things MB!

TOPIC: Yesteryear

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 6 months ago #256

Platinum Boarder
Agreed. That is an awesome find.

I remember the thrill of finding one in a bulk lot of Yesteryears that I got cheap from a clueless seller.. Was very pleased to find a Y1-1 Allchin in the mix.

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 6 months ago #257

Platinum Boarder
About the Carlsberg 7 variations: wheels, canopy, baseplate, seats...and stickers.

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 6 months ago #258

Senior Boarder
Remember when models of yesteryear cost 3.19 then dipped to 2.19 in a short period of time. In 1978 they cost 2.19 each, and in 1984 they cost 2.19 each. In 1973 I paid 3.19 for them (or my mom did). Probably because of corgi already established and mattels impact currently. Talking new in the box at Venture, Toy chest, or Belscott of course...

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 6 months ago #259

Senior Boarder
http://www.vintagediecasttoys.com/ShowToyPic.htm?desc=Allchin gold boil dk brn flywheel 3sc C9 C box&cond=MB&price=65&disp=P&cnt=1&p1=265595919_o.jpg&p2=265595934_o.jpg&p3= &p4= &p5= &p6= &p7= &p8= &p9= &p10= &PathNum=1#top

http://www.vintagediecasttoys.com/ShowToyPic.htm?desc=Allchin SMOOTH TREADS shiny blk 2chpC8.5 D1 MILL21&cond=MB&price=1200&disp=P&cnt=1&p1=485998852_o.jpg&p2=485998866_o.jpg&p3=485998877_o.jpg&p4=485998887_o.jpg&p5= &p6= &p7= &p8= &p9= &p10= &PathNum=1#top

http://www.vintagediecasttoys.com/ShowToyPic.htm?desc=Allchin PAINTED TRDS RA 9 slats 3chip C9- C MILL16&cond=MB&price=225&disp=P&cnt=1&p1=485998716_o.jpg&p2=485998727_o.jpg&p3= &p4= &p5= &p6= &p7= &p8= &p9= &p10= &PathNum=1#top

http://www.vintagediecasttoys.com/ShowToyPic.htm?desc=Allchin SMOOTH TREADS matt blk C8 D1 MILL21&cond=NMB&price=900&disp=P&cnt=1&p1=485998788_o.jpg&p2=485998803_o.jpg&p3=485998818_o.jpg&p4=485998836_o.jpg&p5= &p6= &p7= &p8= &p9= &p10= &PathNum=1#top

Its so easy to spot the restorations from the real product. ShowToyPic is an insult to the toy collecting community. GTFO

Never mind...lol
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by cannonwillow.

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #260

Platinum Boarder
None of the above links seem to work.

Ah, copy and paste the whole paragraph in a new window.
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #261

Platinum Boarder
Cannonwillow said:

ShowToyPic is an insult to the toy collecting community. GTFO

I know a few others on feebay as well that are just scammers.

Please try not to swear even in acronym. Children come here too.

Report to the Admin as they're always policing here

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #262

Senior Boarder
Cannonwillow said:

ShowToyPic is an insult to the toy collecting community. GTFO

I know a few others on feebay as well that are just scammers.

Please try not to swear even in acronym. Children come here too.

Report to the Admin as they're always policing here

I may have been way out of line with my comments the other day. I was only guessing and I dont have any proof of what I was thinking. Just cant stand the quality of so many of the same model in better condition than one of my most prized finds. Call it jealousy or disbelief.

I would also like to point out that this forum has the kindest posters of any message board I have ever been to. This is the first toy collecting interest forum I have ever joined though. I am use to the language used at Poker and Auto Audio forums (I have a lot of hobbies).

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #263

Platinum Boarder
These two Yesteryears just arrived in the mail late this past week. The Blue &-8 1945 MG-TC is really nice. I have the red version already so this is a nice addition.

Next is the Y-14 1931 Stutz Bearcat in Cream over bright or grass green. I have not seen this combination of colors before.

Both models are in mint condition but the boxes they came in are a little tatty. Total cost for these was about $10.00 delivered. They came in a lot with 2 DY Dinky Toys you can see here.
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #264

Platinum Boarder
good score on both

I'll see if I can scrounge for another classic.

Re:Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #265

Expert Boarder
MOY 18-2 1918 Atkinson Model D Steam Wagon Lake Goldsmith Livery with sand and gravel written on side boards of tray. Released in 1985 Matchbox International Ltd and has limited edition written under the chassis and also is in reference book Came in J1 box with gold lettering. 

Hi there just noticed this gunner, but does this wagon have black mudguards over the rear wheels? i can't see them in the photo, and the wagon should have them, which might mean you have a rare variation!

Re:Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #266

Platinum Boarder
I think I'll check mine as well once I get home from work. This is the short wheel base. All the others have a longer chassis

Re:Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #267

Expert Boarder
Yes this was the only Atkinson Issues with this chassis/body, all other issues had longer flatbed, box or chainbed backs on them, but all issues had the same black rear wheel-guards

Re:Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #268

Platinum Boarder

As you see, the mudguards are black.. No variation found.

Re:Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #269

Expert Boarder
Yeah that's the model i have, i can't see the mudguards at all on gunners model, maybe a factory error?

Re:Yesteryear 8 years, 5 months ago #270

Platinum Boarder
On this one, where is the variation?