What Paper Models are YOU wanting?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Show us your paper models! Please remember that some paper models are offered for sale and not as free downloads, please only offer models for download if you are certain that there are no copyright issues. If you're a fan of paper plane models, you should also check out the paper plane forum in the aviation section.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What Paper Models are YOU wanting?

What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 5 months ago #1

During a recent e-mail conversation with an acquaintance of mine, we discussed what types of subjects are available as paper models.  I had to say that there were very few models available in plastic that couldn\'t be found in paper and, in fact, I\'d found many more subjects offered as paper models than I\'d ever seen in plastic.  So, my question is, what kinds of subjects would you like to see as paper models?  Sci-Fi, Aircraft, Automotive, Armor, Real Spacecraft, give me specifics of what you\'d like, and I\'ll bet we can find them offered online and share them with the group.

Paul M.

Re:What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 5 months ago #2

Administrator
I want a 1966 Toyota 2000GT (as detailled as possible!).

Re:What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 5 months ago #3

Re:What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 5 months ago #4

Administrator
Wow, cool! Yep, that\'s it! I\'ll have to make me a couple of those! 
That\'s amazing - are there a lot of obscure cars that are available? I guess paper modelling really lends itself to modelling very obscure items that only a few people would want because once someone\'s drawn the components and the plans, that\'s pretty much it - there\'s no further raw materials like plastics, metals or even a box to consider, let alone the costs of transporting items to shops, selling to wholesalers etc. You just put it up for download!

Re:What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 5 months ago #5

Yes,  there are a LOT of obscure car models available in paper that have never seen the inside of a plastic kit box.  The oddest I\'ve found so far are three Cony models.  Cony was a microcar company in Japan in the \'50\'s and \'60\'s.  They built cars with an engine displacement of 600cc or less.  The company was bought out by Nissan in the late 60\'s.

Paul M.

Re:What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 5 months ago #6

Administrator
I love weird stuff like that! Scarily, I know exactly what Conys are... (can I have a link to them too, please..?)

Re:What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 5 months ago #7

Here\'s the link:

http://www.aichikikai.co.jp/club/p_craft/

It has the Cony 3-wheeler, the Cony 600 wagon and the Cony 360 van.  If you like microcars, you sould also try http://www.3wheelermodels.com/ and Ichiyama\'s Paper Cards at http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~kamaboko/

Ichiyama has several variations of old school Mini Coopers, Isettas and Messerschmitts (cars, not planes)

Paul M.

Re:What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 12 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Just recently found the plane my Dad flew in as Navigator during the Second World War. Handley Page Halifax. He flew a Mk VII and I don\'t know if this is that plane or not. He is coming for a visit this summer and I will show it to him. He is also bringing me three plastic models of the same plane. Not sure of the scales but I think all three are different. Should be fun.
If anyone is intersted in this plane let me know and I will post a link and a couple of pictures.
Jim, Mod in Cars

Re: What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 9 years, 7 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
I would like to see more architectural models particularly Art Deco, Moderne, Mid Century Modern buildings with some size and detail.  Maybe a complete set of FL Wright buildings with enough scale to render good details.  An Eichler would be fun along with several other MCM Ranch Houses a great one would be The Incredibles home!  Some Googie masterpieces would round things out.

You need to park your classic Deco or Modern car like a Tulip Wood Hispano-Suiza or Voisin, Studebaker Sky Hawk/Avanti or Citroen so a gaggle of those.

From - c-anderson0912-dp.blogspot.com

https://www.planetdiecast.com/hwdphotos/upload_tinymce/thumbnails/imgres.jpeg

Re: What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 9 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
this is a really old post... and no idea if the original poster is still a member or just has forgotten about us.

Re: What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 7 years, 4 months ago #11

Senior Boarder
As a fan of Celicas TA22/TA 23 I'm searching for those Models in both versions,

Coupé and Liftback maybe one of you knows a sit where I can find them.

Patrick

Re: What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 7 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
how about ECTO 1

Re: What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 7 years, 4 months ago #13

Senior Boarder
Ecto 1 would be great.......

Patrick

Re: What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 7 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Www.craftcave.net

Re: What Paper Models are YOU wanting? 7 years, 4 months ago #15