What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Show us your paper models! Please remember that some paper models are offered for sale and not as free downloads, please only offer models for download if you are certain that there are no copyright issues. If you're a fan of paper plane models, you should also check out the paper plane forum in the aviation section.
  • Page:

TOPIC: What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece.

What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 12 years, 3 months ago #1

In corresponding with someone on another group I belong to, recently, I was asked how many reams of paper it would take to print all of the models I\'ve collected since I began working with paper models.  I\'d estimated that it would take about ten reams of card stock, plus seven or eight sets of ink cartridges.  His reply was that it sounded to him like paper models were as expensive a hobby as plastic kits, so I broke it down for him.  I explained that I could buy one 250 sheet ream of cardstock for 14.99, and a complete set of ink cartridges for around 24.00, and that out of that 38.99 investment, I could actually build a couple of hundred models for the price of a single plastic kit.  Not a bad idea when you consider the current economy.

Over the next few days, I\'ll be posting some photos of paper models, not necessarily ones I\'ve built, but rather as a examples of what types of models can be built from paper.  I\'m starting off with the photo that started the paper model discussion on my other group, a 2005 Aston Marton DBR-GT.  You can find information about this model at the designer\'s website www.extazaweb.sk/astonmartin  He offers photos of how he designed the model and you can download two versions of the DBR for free. 

Re:What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 12 years, 3 months ago #2

Sorry, but the file size of the photo was a big large for the forum, so please check out the designer\'s website for this great model.

Paul M.

Re:What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 12 years, 3 months ago #3

JPL

Senior Boarder
This is awesome! What are the windows made from? Are these available for download?

Re:What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 12 years, 3 months ago #4

The clear windows are usually printed on overhead projector transparencies. 

Yes, the model can be downloaded at the link in my original post.

Paul M.

Re:What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 12 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
What kind of paper or stock is he printing the body from, the interior etc. Never seen a shiny paper model before.

Re:What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 12 years, 3 months ago #6

For the glossy finish you use gloss photo paper.

Paul M.

Re:What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 11 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
What kind of glue would you use for the glossy photo paper

Re:What cost paper, and a paper masterpiece. 11 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Hard to believe this is a paper/card model.

Very impressive... can you design a Porsche Panamera for me?
  • Page:
Moderators: pdmccool