My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 11 months ago #556

Platinum Boarder
youtu.be/UC05jUNrWHk

Here is the link to a video i've filmed of the pedal car so you can all hear the radio working.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 11 months ago #557

Platinum Boarder
Excellent, it plays slow so you can enjoy the tune. Nice to see the car on film. Give me a better idea of the size of the car. It is really nice and you should be proud to own it now.
The slotted holes beside the seat in the drivers compartment...are they for something different not offered in this car or a different position for the seat back for different size kids?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 11 months ago #558

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, the seat adjusts , the adjustable seat back is often missing from these, I have also filmed the lever which opens the bonnet , which I have never seen on one, it is a real timewarp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 8 months, 3 weeks ago #559

Platinum Boarder
I was watching an old film today called "Operation Third Form" it was about some school kids who turned themselves into detectives & were following a thief, one of the scenes was in a car show room & this advert for the Triang Ford Corsair pedal car was clearly shown as they entered the garage , the film was a children's film & it was a clear advert for the toy. I would like to see the original advert , it shows that ford had approved the toy too.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 8 months, 3 weeks ago #560

Platinum Boarder
Very interesting and I wonder how close this comes to subliminal advertising, and during a kids movie no less.
It does look like a good ad and I bet you would love to have one hanging on your wall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 8 months, 3 weeks ago #561

What a wonderful video, thanks for sharing. Are the shown tools original? And I saw a manual too?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 8 months, 3 weeks ago #562

Platinum Boarder
Happy New Year all, Thanks Routemaster, the spanner is original to the car , the screwdriver I believe has been added. The manual is for the real car , the vendor let me have it with the sale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 5 months ago #563

Platinum Boarder
I know I said I wasn't going to touch this bonnet but the more I looked at it the more it let the car down, I have sprayed it now but I have only sprayed the outside it is a very very near match, when I have time I will get the colour matched , I have added the front number plate and picked all these rare spares up for it, not that it will need it but nice to go with it.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 5 months ago #564

Platinum Boarder
Very close on the paint color. Nice work. Seems other cars could use spares like you found. Did many others that you know of have them? I assume they would be deluxe models.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 5 months ago #565

It turned out beautifully. The color match is very close.