My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 1 month ago #496

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks, I enjoyed doing this as been very busy at work and this De-Stressed me. The rest of the decals are water slide & from the Triang NL site which I believe is now run by the Dinky Club in UK, I may be wrong on this but the decals are excelent .

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 1 month ago #497

Platinum Boarder
Excellent restoration and nice to see it complete with milk bottles and the two milk Cans in the rear. As my family comes from Dairy Farmers and there is still a dairy farm in the family, this brings back memories of being on the farm as a small boy and learning how to milk cows by hand and also how to hook them up to the miking machines. The gold cans were sitting in carts, two per cart, and the milk from the buckets or the milk machines would be poured out into the milk cans being strained through cheese cloth. Then my uncle would push the cart to the milk room to empty the cans into the milk cooler. The cans were heavy and if any larger than about 20 gallons, my Great Uncle would have to help lift them to the milk cooler. This was all much fun when your about 10 years old.
Great work on your cart and it is a nice pairing with your first one. Congratulations on a job well done.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 1 month ago #498

Platinum Boarder
<p>Many thanks Nobleco, great to hear a story from your younger days, I am glad this brings your memories back, I think these two toys are great &amp; pleased that I have saved them for the future.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 1 month ago #499

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well done on the restoration of the milk cart. It looks great!</p>

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years ago #500

Platinum Boarder
I managed to get some more original Triang milk bottles, I have made some replacement milk churns until I find some originals but they look the part for now

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years ago #501

Platinum Boarder
Nicely done on the churns. They look great. I am assuming the milk bottles are not the easiest to find or can you order them? The wagon looks much better with the load of bottles on.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years ago #502

Platinum Boarder
Excellent milk cart. Do you do home deliveries.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years ago #503

Superb. Can I order a pint or two?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years ago #504

Platinum Boarder
<p>That is a fantastic looking set of milk carts.</p>
<p>I guess LBL 4242 is the reg# ?. That reminds me of a famous car, the 1967 Monte Carlo Rally winning Mini Cooper S, which had reg # LBL 6D</p>
<p>By the way Andy you don't need to deliver today, the song says it all:</p>
<p>

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years ago #505

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks for all the comments, I am pleased with these as although a couple have shown up recently they are quite a rare find , the number plates are original to Triang models & I believe that it was the phone number to the Triang factory.
I promised the guy I bought the second one from that I would return it to it's glory & that I would change it to the Express dairies version, & here they are.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years ago #506

Platinum Boarder
LBL has often been linked to the Lines Brothers Ltd meaning and the 4242 is said to be an extention phone number within the factory.

A stunning pair of what must be a rare item in any condition!

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 1 year, 4 months ago #507

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have been looking for a set of original Triang wing mirrors for my Zephyr for some time, I got this set which are a good scale to the car &amp; more realistic than the originals , they add that extra bit of realness &amp; character to the car. i will wait for the sunshine &amp; take some pictures of it my garden where these toys were made for. I have also added an aireal I will put pictures on later, no holes have been drilled into the body to add these acessories.
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 1 year, 4 months ago #508

Platinum Boarder
Nice and that does look really good and to scale. What did you use to stick them on, velcro? I think I can see you in the back of the mirror above.
I also notice the holes at the rear, is that for a luggage rack or maybe roof support holes? It has been a while since I have seen this car and I can't remember if you mentioned them. I am sure you did though and I am just forgetting.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 1 year, 4 months ago #509

Platinum Boarder
Went back down memory lane to 4 years 8 months ago on pg 12 and found this car. After looking around I found on page 24 a group shot of these cars or similar and it looks to me like there is a button in seat cushion that goes in the back. That is what the holes are for, if I am not mistaken.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 1 year, 2 months ago #510

Platinum Boarder
Summers coming so as as I said I would photograph this toy outside where it should be,

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness