My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #466

Platinum Boarder
Be good to see the underside of this racing style peddle car. Another is the welding on the front bumper struts looks a bit like my welding. Rough as.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by GunnerJim.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #467

Platinum Boarder
"One wheel appears further forward than the other ?" Indy car ?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #468

Platinum Boarder
This one is one I have not seen before, it looks to be made by a manufacture, maybe Italian, French or even Russian I am not sure, would be good to see the underside this will tell us if it is hand built even.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #469

Platinum Boarder
I don't have a clue what you all are talking about now. One wheel further than the other, kingpin......check your weldings Gunnerjim......

I will take my camera with me next time and take some more pictures of them.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Keesie.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #470

Platinum Boarder
I think that the wheels are turned at an angle as these are steerable front wheels.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #471

Platinum Boarder
The suggestion to examine the steering seems a sensible idea to me. The front axle appears to pivot in the middle (hence 1 wheel being further forward), not on king pins just inboard of each front wheel as would be usual. Had there been no steering wheel I would suggest the child steers by using his legs/feet, pushing one side of the axle forward to steer. The steering wheel may not be connected and this still may be the case. This was how 'trolleys' (soap box's for those across the pond ) were made for simplicity of construction.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #472

Platinum Boarder
Well, as I said, we know how they work - if they sitll do- when I have the chanche to take some more pictures.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #473

Platinum Boarder
A "soap box" would be called a "Billy Cart" in Australia, probably because they were originally pulled by a billy goat.

The steering was usually by a rope handle.

Billy carts were the death of a lot of pram wheels.

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Dinkydi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 9 months ago #474

Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone happy new year.

i have bought this pedal Londoner DMS bus from ebay usa. last year

this bus was bought from USA not UK .

i have not find any mark on it . unknown marker.

can anyone tell me more info about this lover bus 

thanks

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 9 months ago #475

Platinum Boarder
Someone will know.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 9 months ago #476

Platinum Boarder
I have not seen this one before, not sure of maker if American. I know that Sharna Toys made ride on toys like these but I do not think it is made by them.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 9 months ago #477

Platinum Boarder
I think it Is one of those blow moulding types produced in China. Could be at least 40 years old.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 4 months ago #478

Platinum Boarder
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I went to Enfield Pagent today and bought another milk float, my aim is to restore this to the rarer "Express Dairies" one, I have bought a set of decals for the Unigate one as all the rest of decals are the same, I will have to make a set of Express dairies logos, this one will be dark blue &amp; white,</p>
<p>The seller had seen my one on here and was pleased he sold it to me</p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Andy66.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 4 months ago #479

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see your work posted here helps you acquire more of these great old toys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 2 years, 4 months ago #480

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the update on your nearly acquired milk cart and your intentions restore the Express dairies cart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66