My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 6 months ago #451

What a great restoration. You can really be proud of yourself
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 6 months ago #452

Platinum Boarder
Many Thanks Routemaster. Whilst I was reading up on these I found a picture of one & it told me another thing that I was thinking when working on it that the front lights were raise & they too had a decal, so  my daughter made some up for me & they finish the front end off a treat.

Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 6 months ago #453

Platinum Boarder
Wow, nice that some small bit of research found this out for you and that your Daughter is able to make them for you. Fantastic and it does finish the Float off very professionally. Indeed.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 4 months ago #454

Platinum Boarder
I have a vintage pedal car i'd like to show...

Finally managed to get a new picture posted after the last one strangely would not
go anywhere!!! countless attempts later here it is my Mother's First ride.

Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by 143Madness.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 4 months ago #455

Platinum Boarder
Be good to see when you can post pictures.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 4 months ago #456

Platinum Boarder
Make sure it is smaller than 1500 on one side and that you are not using special characters in the file name. Just numbers and letters no #, $, %, !, & Etc, Dash is okay but underscore should not be there either. They should be JPG or JPEG files too.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 4 months ago #457

Platinum Boarder
I like the Hot Rod, cool car.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 4 months ago #458

Platinum Boarder
I believe that this pedal car was more commonly known as the Triang Duke, it maybe that this had the Hot Rod logo's added to it so as to sell the last of the run of them, with out doubt the logo's are original as they are the correct Triang yellow. this model was made mid 50's to early 60's with the last version being made into the Duke Express train, I have a version of each but they are in storage.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #459

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy, although I am not into these (I wouldn't know where to store them in the first place) a friend of mine has TWO of those pedal cars. Never got round to picture them, untill yesterday. He sent me a picture of one of them, the next one hopefully to follow.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #460

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Keesie, this one is quite new , they started making them in the 90's & you can still buy them today, they made a few Murry copies also.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #461

Platinum Boarder
Hey Andy, my friend also has this one.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #462

Platinum Boarder
Here another picture of that car. As far as my friend knows he bought it at least 25 years ago, and is seems in the original state, apart from the logo, which was added later. 

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #463

Platinum Boarder
Interesting steering, would have a very large turning circle.

Was it home made ? Or is there a makers name ?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #464

Platinum Boarder
I don't think there is a makers name. Let's wait for Andy to have an idea maybe.

Why do you think the steering is interesting?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 1 month ago #465

Platinum Boarder
The front axle seems to turn rather than having king pins on each wheel, one wheel appears further forward than the other ?