My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #46

Senior Boarder
Your pedal car pictures keep getting better and better what next ??

do you own a Tri-ang Pegasus?

regards

Anthony

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
Thanks mate,Pegasus no not yet lol Got this rare one on the go at the moment. Its the Triang MGA. Will look lovely when done in its original light blue with Brands hatch graphics on each side . And next 2 1960s Leeway Cars both the same model but the red one being more expensive as it has opening bonnet and boot. Now the one I am after is the car that came after these two. It says in a Which! report that I have, that when these two were deleted from the catalogue they brought out the same shape car, but as the secre

t agent car 700 I have looked everywhere for this car even a pic. Any one ?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Hi all , just like to say keep sending the pictures! They are great.

There are some rare cars on here, Maserati , MGA, the Leeway's & an Austin A40. I may be wrong Vaughan but that A40 has to be the rare bird from tri-ang not seen another in 40+ years of my interest in pedal cars. With regards the Pegasus correct me if I am wrong but is this the Tri-ang American style car painted in  pink which I can see the "Gadabout" version on Vaughan's pictures of his shelved cars? I did see a very nice example of this on E-bay a short while ago.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #49

Senior Boarder
please contact me first if you ever sell any of your pedal cars. There all Immaculate you have the cleanest collection of pedal cars I've ever seen. I'm sure one came up for sale on eBay last year. Leave it to me tho I will put the word out I'll have a good go a tracking one down. Is that the original horn on the green leeway pedal car? Also does it say radar down the side of the horn?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #50

Senior Boarder
I meant to say I have a Pegasus for sale if your interested I will take  some pictures
Last Edit: 7 years, 4 months ago by Chasingpedalcars.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #51

Senior Boarder
Hi Andy66,

Your correct its painted  bright pink. The triang jungle wagon is extremly rare in my opinion.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
Yes Andy you may well be right on that one, its the only A40 I have ever seen. Sell did you say sell? I am having a tomb built and they are all coming with me lol .Yes it is the right horn. I only start the restoration when I have got all the right bits and pieces to finish the car completely. Anthony, I would appreciate it if you could do some research with your contacts on the secret agent car. Next up the full set of the 1960s Leeway Minis in Red White and Blue. thanks for the offer on the Pegaus, but I have it in the Countryman. Pics to follow.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
Wow! Pedal cars!

Now we are talking.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
My Triang Countryman.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #55

Senior Boarder
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I don't blame you having a tomb built I wouldnt ever want to let go of your collection. Did you replace the windscreen on your countryman if so what did you use as I need one for the Pegasus. I have 2 pedal car horns for salelist like the one on your leeway there new old stock.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
No mate it is all original. Yes the Triang horns are not that difficult to get,its all the other bits and bobs like the wing mirrors and the Police dummy horns. I did have some more screens made up for the 1960s Leeway cars.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
That educates me I thought that was a "gadabout" but it is the Countryman , I believe the  gadabout had the small as I would call "places flags" down the sides.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
Yes you are right there Andy. It's a fabulous car as it has the chrome boot rack and a cardboard suitcase and those triangle stickers on the side of places you've visited. I'll get one one day.

Anthony, this is my Jungle Wagon. I've had a few but this is the best yet. The problem with these is the tyres. The white is a different format to the black and they go very soft, so you have to constantly move them or you get flat spots. Since these pictures, I've started to put together the very rare accessory pack that was sold separately to compliment this vehicle, consisting of one man tent in duffle bag (which is what I'm still looking for), cap-firing hunting rifle, a plastic camera that works and a spade, all of which I've managed to source.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
Looks good , background adds to the effect of what the toy should be.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 4 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
Andy, can you do me a great favour over the weekend? You remember the Corvette ride-on childs car that I'm in the middle of restoring. I've forgotten the makers name and details. Please can you post on here the advert for this model, that's in your toy book. I'm desperately trying to save the wheels.