My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #436

Platinum Boarder
Nice pedal car for a lucky young man. So much better than the usual Kidillac.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #437

Platinum Boarder
Love the name, Kidillac. Wonderful color scheme too. Complete with spare tire and rear view mirror. Nice and I suppose the headlights work too.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #438

Platinum Boarder
Great styling enhancing those chrome rockets from the 50's as these are real classics that is for sure. Just beautiful.

Thanks Jan and Dinkydi
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #439

Platinum Boarder
Been a bit busy lately so not had a chance to have a good go at the Milk float but had a chance to strip it down today & if I get time tomorrow i will hopefully make some progress , I have managed to finish the roof though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #440

Platinum Boarder
Looking good.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #441

Platinum Boarder
That roof looks great and I see to reason the rest of the Milk Float will not also come out just as nice. You will have a very beautiful trailer to pull behind a car or truck or to just display on its own.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #442

Platinum Boarder
I got up early today & decided to have a good go at the float , firstly after boiling loads of hot water I stripped all the red paint off & stripped the axles & handle, I rubbed it all down & sprayed with grey primer to see if it was smooth, I then gave it a few  coats of red primer, primed the wheels & axles. I then dried the paint off & sprayed the top coats,  the weather held out & I dried & polished the red & then fitted all the parts back, I then put the water slides on & borrowed some milk bottles from one of my Highway series milk trucks & after a good days work here it is as it left the Triang factory. This is a very rare toy & have only ever seen the one that Sierra1 has & a couple of of auction pictures & the Expess Dairy one from the Bethnal Green toy museum.

Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Andy66.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #443

Platinum Boarder
What a great looking float and a fantastic job and quickly done too. It really looks good with all the diary bottles and the milk cans at the rear. License stickers too just sets it off just right. I really like this one.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #444

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks Nobleco, I had to rescue this toy & have really enjoyed the labour of putting it back to as it left the Triang factory, infact the hardest part of this resto for me, was finding the tyres , I soaked & cleaned them off & we could not find where I had put them, after a big search my wife had moved them when she did the hovering! still gave the paint a bit more time to harden.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #445

Platinum Boarder
My wife has done that a couple times too. Missing parts get the heart pounding as you know they were here but where. My last one like that was a couple of decal sets for the 25 series truck I just finished. I looked for days and then finally just ordered 2 more decals. Well, wouldn't you know it, about a week after I ordered the new ones, I found the other ones on the floor, behind an empty box. Got swept there when the desk was last used. At least I found them. Had me worried as I am sure you were when you could not find your wheels.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #446

Platinum Boarder
Lol! I was annoyed as it was nearing the end  to my work

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #447

Platinum Boarder
A cute thing this milkfloat and the best possible resto one can do.

Well Andy there you go, the milkman always rings twice, or was it the postman......
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #448

Platinum Boarder
There we go. At first I thought the original paint was in really good condition and did not need re painting. Then as the photo reveals since you had stripped away the paint, thus revealing some hidden rust spots while in some areas like the rear where the rust was gaining more of the metal surface in time would encrust the milk cart for sure. Now that you have etched primed then with a good quality finish paint surface this Milk Cart should last for decades to come.

Job well down. Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #449

Platinum Boarder
A very nice job has been done there Andy!

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #450

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks everyone, glad you all like it. When I stripped it down yesterday I noticed that it had a small Triang label on the rear by the churns, I knew I had one somewhere & found it when I got home, this completes this restoration .
I have done some re-search on these & if you google "Pedestrian controlled milk float" you will see a few real versions on what Triang based this on.

Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Andy66.