My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #421

Platinum Boarder
Alan had a hard day!!

And then a while later

Life is still exhausting

Just checking you are recycling properly!

Alan does resting well!

We now have 4 Alan, Tiff, George and Molly.

No interest in Die cast (cant eat it) but great fun!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #422

Platinum Boarder
I t must be a hard life being a cat! Great pictures all.

The Milk float is actually a copy of the electric pull along carts used by the dairies in the fifities, it is not actually a pedal car but I feel it deserves to go in this topic as it is part of the transport toys which Triang made. I am planning the restoration as this has been painted by hand so i will have to strip all the paint off before I spray to avoid a reaction of the paints. The original colours are the same as the Monte Carlo so I won't have to take it to the paint shop. There is also a Express Dairies version of this in dark blue & white the Dairies colours.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Andy66.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #423

Platinum Boarder
The milk float is great, and with the bottles as well. 

Look forward to seeing the result.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #424

Platinum Boarder
Drilled the riveurts out to remove the roof & boiled up a bucket of boiling water added caustic soda & stripped the paint of the roof, it all came off with ease but there is some heavy surface rust to deal with, nothing major though as in the same area. Rain has stopped play now so time to have a rest from it.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #425

Platinum Boarder
I got bored & decided to give the surface rust a good rub out, then I gave it several coats of grey primer, it is starting to look acceptable now. I will leave it for a day or two then flatten it & spray with a few coats of white primer.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #426

Platinum Boarder
This is going to be nice to watch. Looks like the rust was dealt with and you have a good surface to paint on. Are you going to strip the rest of the float as well? It looks pretty good from this side of the planet.

I would rather have rain as I could take that into the garage. We have snow today 2 to 5 cm or 1 to 2 inches coming. Still have a good 6 to 8 inches on the ground but it was melting fine for a few days as temps got above zero. Hard to paint at that temperature unless you indoors in a heated space. Glad I have my basement work shop.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #427

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, I was cursing when it started raining but it is the 5th March & like you say you have snow. I am going to strip the rest of the paint off , I will need a bigger container to do this. I bought the decals for it today & did some research , there also would have been some sugar , tea custard & jelly items as part of the load.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Andy66.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #428

Platinum Boarder
Oh, that makes sense for the day these were popular, but will probably be hard to find. Bottle and jars of small scale and then some decals or stickers may be the way to go. Have you looked for any pictures on the net? You could make copies of the items, maybe. I remember getting cheese and butter and other dairy items at my parents back door in the late 50's and early 60's before they stopped door to door delivery in Vancouver. I was maybe 14 or 15 when that ended but I remember putting out the milk glass bottles with money in them for the milk man. Later it was paper or plastic tokens as there were lots of theft of milk money back then. Tokens worked better but they too when the way of the dinosaur and then the dawn of Store purchasing became reality. Not more door to door delivery.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #429

Platinum Boarder
I have been looking at old Birds Custard labels etc I will look into making some scale tins up. I remember going to school with my mate & he started getting a packet of Tunnocks Caramel wafer biscuits from the milkman & say mum said it is alright to put them on our bill, he would share them out between me & our mates, this went on for a couple of weeks until his mum came to pay the bill, hence no more wafer biscuits! They still make these now & I still buy them & they always take me back to my school days.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #430

Platinum Boarder
That is a great story and thanks for telling. Always nice to hear such stories.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #431

Platinum Boarder
H what a find a pull a long milk cart. I can remember the open wagon types but that is it. Yes the roof needed doing as eventually the rust will keep on travelling through the rest of the sheet metal part. Is the rest of the tin body in good condition or is there signs of rust lying underneath the paint. I leave that to your best judgement on the body condition and if it does need restoration then why not Andy.

Cheers to all those PD members feline supporters on the side watching everything you are doing.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #432

Platinum Boarder
Spotted on a walk in our town this afternoon: perhaps not a real pedal car, but a remarkable fine mini-car. The owner, who got it for his son, told me he won it in fine but used condition on a fun fair, some years ago, offered as a replacement for a 'real' prize. He kindly put it on a nice, sun-lit place in the street, my wife took the photo and he liked my idea of posting it here. Kind regards, Jan 

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #433

Platinum Boarder
I have never seen one like this, it has some great features, good to see.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #434

Platinum Boarder
That is one classy Cadillac. I like it. Wide white wall tires and lots of chrome. Yes, great looking toy car. Any kid would be ecstatic to own one.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 3 years, 7 months ago #435

Platinum Boarder
That's look really nice - beautifully made and thanks to the owner for allowing it to be photographed