My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Hi mate good to see you here, Go and do your introduction so that I can welcome you on there properly. Thanks for your input on this one, yes, I think its just a lot of wet and dry  and do the rear wings black. Then leave well alone.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
When I see such huge toys in a living room, it makes me say to my wife that 1/43 model cars are nothing... even by thousands. lol

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Here are some of my pedal cars;

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Very very nice mate love them, Thanks for showing.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #20

Very nice pedal cars,that Capri, hmmm I once drove a 2.3 L Ghia, fond memories are coming back.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
I like both of the Zephyrs, Cyclops in Australia made both Mk1 and Mk2 versions similar to the blue one.

Is the teal green car a Triang ?
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Yes the teal green is a Triang it's the base model named Mercury it is I believe these were based on the MK1 Zephyr Zodiac I have the Mk2 version also which I will have to scan a photograph of when I get time. The "teal" green is not original as I restored this many years ago from a beat up wreak hand painted pink & blue. I have photos of before & after as I have with most of my pedal cars which again I will scan.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
When I was a kid I knew this Capri pedal car existed as I'd seen it in a Green Shield Stamp catalogue. It was made by Leeway Toys in Lewisham S.E London (famous for dolls prams)  as was the Mini, my mum & dad's friends neighbours had one & again I knew they were made but did not see one until I bought this one around 10 years ago.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #24

Andy,
forgive my ignorance, but are the cars in your avatar Spot Ons?
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Sorry RoutemasterNL, I meant to end this with I wish I had a chance to drive the Capri pedal car when I was a kid.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #26

Andy, see my previous post and my question

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
hI RoutemasterNL, the models are plastic Lucky toys made in Hong Kong. They are Ausin 1100 estate BSM learner cars, I will be posting some pictures of my plastic collection on the plastic forum I hope they are of interest & I can share my knowledge & add to from others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #28

You might like this picture...

Niall

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
That's a nice advertisement Niall, it is a Tri-ang Centurian which was Tri-ang's answer to the Austin J40. There is a famous picture of Prince Charles sitting in one with the Queen standing next to him.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 5 months ago #30

I'm going through old Meccano magazines today... these also might interest you...

Niall