My Triang pedal car collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: My Triang pedal car collection

My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Hi guys. Just like to show you some of my pedal cars. First up is 2 1960s plastic Triangs. The first is a Ford Corsair and second is a Triumph TR?

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #2

Great items and in perfect condition, these can't be easy to find... Triang made some great toys.. underestimated in my opinion..but these are special..Thanks for sharing...

Niall

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I think the Corsair is very rare.

Some of my Police pedal car collection.
/albums/b428/Vaughan1/015-18.jpg" style="max-height:800px; " alt="" />

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #4

Again great items...I don't know if you saw this image before...

I collect Spot-on.. a little smaller and easier to display.....but made by Triang also...There is a new book coming out in November on Spot on and other Triang items.. You may be interested.

http://www.alangeorge.co.uk/linesbros.htm might interest you....

Heres a picture of the display used to promote it in Sandown..not mine but these are incredible. This photo was sent to me by Nigel Lee

Last Edit: 7 years, 1 month ago by Dublin6.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #5

Vaughan, these pedal cars, never seen them before. And what a great way of displaying you collection.

Thanks for the photos

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I'll look forward to that book. Thankyou. fabulous Spot On display. Again, I had them as a kid and was always impressed that the cars were to scale with the buses. Happy days.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Those pedal cars are in immaculate condition. Another is the old photo showing the loading docks showing Austin Vans loading prams which Tri-ang also was famous for. Well that is my guess about the Austin or could be a Bedford.
Last Edit: 7 years, 1 month ago by GunnerJim.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #8

The old photo shows a possible code 3

Gunner I think it could be an Austin

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yes Theo would be easy even in tin or plastic. Yes nothing is impossible for PD. Just pick up a Dinky oldbeater and bingo. Actually I think I have one somewhere. Well got lots of them well loved to nearly death types.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
A few more

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Now  for the two that are pride and joy. My two Austin J40s. The red one you see here is the one used in the film One Good Turn starring the one and only late Sir Norman Wisdom.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #12

Great collection. The Austin is superb

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Wonderful collection, must take up some room displaying those. As for your yellow Triumph it is either a tr4 or 5.

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys, Andy this is the one you asked to see, its my latest and its a do I or don't I? It's all there, been touched up in places and the rear wings should be black towards the end. Just one headlamp lens missing. As you can see, bumpers and grille are all diecast so will clean up fabulously.

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: My Triang pedal car collection 7 years, 1 month ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Cheer's Vaughan for introducing me to Planet Diecast, I hope to learn & share the interest which we have shared over the past long years with other collectors. This ones a definite don't too much originality.

I will add some pictures of some of my collection.