Porche 911 Carrera Junior
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more

TOPIC: Porche 911 Carrera Junior

Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 9 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Hi my name is David,

My brother and I own a Porsche 911 Carrera Junior "powered" pedal car (Honda G100 88cc engine) which was made in 1982 - I am trying to find out more about it and to see if there is any interest among collectors for this type of car - picture below

The car has full working lights and full working engine/gearbox with 2 forward gears and one reverse

It's in running order and drives well - all parts are original the only item that needs repair is the indicator stalk (minor problem considering 30 years age!!)

Does anybody in this forum  have any more info about the product? 

thanks

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 9 months ago #2

David

I'm sure there would be interest in this item.. looks great.. and appears to be in good condition...Check E-bay and see if there are any others to give you an idea of price... Porsche collectors would love this and maybe even a Porsche dealership would be interested for its display. And coming up to Christmas who wouldn't want this.. If I was a bit smaller.. I'd put in a bid myself..

Condition is everything in this game.. and this looks great..and I'm sure its a bit lighter on petrol than the real thing...

Niall
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Carter

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 9 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Hi Niall

Repairs now made to indicator stalk so car is now complete - will be showing it at the Goodwood Motor Circuit on 4th November at a breakfast club meeting (UK) - its European classic week so hope to park it next to a full size 80's Carrera! would make a great picture!!

I have found a similar car on Ebay in Germany - made 2 years later but no others for sale that match ours - there is another in Sweden but has no engine/gearbox

Your right would make a fab display in a Porche dealers window

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 9 months ago #4

I'd love to see a photo of that one beside a full sized version.. Make sure you get that...

Niall

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Welcome to the site Dave from BC Canada.

I have never seen one of these but know they are out there. I have seen different cars, is all. No idea what they are worth but in the hundreds if not thousands if the right hard to find one. Good luck in an evaluation. Vectis may be of some help if you send them some pictures and tell them your thinking of selling it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Carter

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #6

Fresh Boarder
Hi I am Carlos from Texas. I just got one exact car like yours. I got it from a guy who is involve on state sales. I got some information about the porsche, but I am not sure what you need. If it is parts, I can give you a contact out of Germany where I got some parts for the car for my son. Let me know.

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Welcome ALX and that is a nice offer. That is what this site is all about, helping fellow collectors and hobbiests.

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #8

Fresh Boarder
Hi Alex - hope your son enjoys the car - my brother and I love it and we are 45 years and over! - For a young lad to have one must be amazing!

It would be usefull to have the number for parts just in case but for now our car is in good order

Do you have any photo's - here is one of my brother on the starting grid at Goodwood Motor Circuit at a recent car meeting Thanks again and enjoy it

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Richard Hammond of Top Gear showed one off in the show. Its the episode where he is hypnotized and thought that the pedal car was real.

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #10

Fresh Boarder
Yes I watched that and that was a "pedal" car still think it's funny today!! This car is a real Go kart with engine gearbox clutch etc - full working models built in the Porche racing factory and only a limited number ever made - thanks for reminding me of the top gear show - just watched it again on Youtube

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
You've got a photo of your car on the track. Do you have a movie of it? Would love to see it in action.

I suspect your Porsche is 1/4 scale ?

My Pocher K31 Porsche 911 Carrera is 1/8th scale. Biggest in my collection of Porsches.

So it's a treat to see this one

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #12

Fresh Boarder
Hi David,

Do you have the manuals that came with your car? I'm trying to get some for my son's car, please let me know if you have any information about them.

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #13

Fresh Boarder
https://www.planetdiecast.com/webkit-fake-url://32E5BC0C-D892-4876-84F4-E8237482111C/imagejpeg

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
That takes us nowhere.
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Porche 911 Carrera Junior 7 years, 6 months ago #15

Fresh Boarder
Hi

No I am looking myself as the manual has been lost - you can use a honda G100 manual for the engine etc but as far as the car goes were searching!!

Good luck

http://engines.honda.com/parts-and-support/owners-manuals/g100