Triang mk2 Zephyr
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more
  • Page:

TOPIC: Triang mk2 Zephyr

Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
So yesterda, just by chance I looked on eBay and dropped on this ending a few minutes later, so put a bid on and got it for £125.

I’m looking to do a full restoration on it over the coming months.

https://www.planetdiecast.com/hwdphotos/upload_tinymce/thumbnails/3298C8CD-B197-479D-9F5C-2903EAE98550_1521194812.jpeg

https://www.planetdiecast.com/hwdphotos/upload_tinymce/thumbnails/CE4A3199-35DD-41E1-A824-FA3E8E793BE6_1521194868.jpeg
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Capri-Steve.

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Steve, I have converted your pictures into JPG files from the JPEG files you use. Here are the three  pictures of your latest pedal car for others to see.

For the price it looks like you got a good deal. Seems it needs a new steering wheel, headlight lens and some body chrome piece for the hood. Should come out really nice when your done with it. Will be an interesting project to watch you do.

When I copied and pasted the picture text from your message I was told that it had an error and I could not see the picture. I took out the thumbnails/ and it worked so I copied them to my dest top, converted them to JPG files and the posted there here and used the Add Image URL fix so they would show up.

Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Capri-Steve, 143Madness

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #3

Senior Boarder
Thank you for that, it had me puzzled why the pictures didn’t show up and then I had to go out so didn’t get chance to sort it.
It should look good once finished, I’m going with a similar colour scheme to what it is now, but silver and blue, rather than white and blue.
Looking at the pictures it has working headlights on it.

Steve

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Looks like most of the metal is good but there is some rust through below the right rear tail light I see. Lots of surface rust and hopefully the rust is not too deep. Will be a nice project with Blue and Silver as the colors.

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Very nice buy Steve, this is I believe a Triang T65 model, it is in between the T50 base model & the T75 model which had a dummy gear lever & chrome rear light clusters. Yours would have had working lights & a chrome siren horn on the bonnet as well as the features it still has. I have seen re-placement steering wheels on Ebay, the two tone paint is correct. Be nice to see what you do with it as going by your other two restorations , will be excellent.

Good luck I look forwards to this.
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Andy66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
Thanks Andy

I’m still working on the young masters 500sec, been busy over winter with renovations on our house, but it will get finished, I may be tempted to sort this Triang out first though as it’s more complete.
I have read that the T65 had a padded seat, would you have any idea where I could maybe track one down?

Steve

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
No worries Steve, if you look on topic My Triang pedal car collection , on the first page you will see Sierra1's police car this has the padded seat, if you look at the Monte Carlo I restored in the later pages you will see how it fits to the body with two chrome pins (like large drawing pins) . They are made from a very thin foam pad which is covered in a off white thin plastic cover, I believe was called Rexin ? in it's day, I bought the red for the Monte Carlo from Ebay. I believe that the pad on the Zephyr had the same flute stitching.

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
cant wait to see the restoration

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
This is my T50 model , I made the lights up they would have been chrome convex solid lights originaly on the base model

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #10

From the 1959 Christmas Catalogue...

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
From the 1959 Christmas Catalogue...

Dublin6 wrote:

There you go.
I am assuming that you took this with your phone. I had to rotate it so we could see it. Horizontal is the only way to take good pictures for this site.

Jim
Last Edit: 2 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #12

Thanks Jim... appreciated.......This shows the pedal car first produced in 1959 and a cost of £8.9.11 that was a few bob in those days...

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Good to hear from you Niall , there were two  pedal car books by Geof Wiener , he used to have a nice collection, his second book is Juvenile autos which has copies of all Triang pedal car caterlouges from start to finish.

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #14

Senior Boarder
Well the car has been collected and had an hour on it earlier and got it mostly stripped down, it is actually surprisingly solid too, the sale pictures made it look worse than it actually is, which was nice to find out, does need new tyres though.

would any one happen to have a couple of detailed pictures of the wiring and battery box for the headlights please? At some point in it’s life the switch, wires etc have missing.

Re: Triang mk2 Zephyr 2 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Hi Steve , this is the Triang battery holder & original switch, the dash decal would be the same on yours also. Mine are not wired but they must be simple enough, I got a switch from an electric shop for the Triumph Herald as shown.

• Page: