Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep

Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
Hi Guys,

Now this might be abit too modern for some tastes, but whilst I wait for a suitable pedal car project to come along, I decided to buy this 12V Rebo Police Jeep to modify into a Jurassic Park tour jeep look-a-like ( well a modern version )

After stripping all the exterior trim off:

And some of said trim painted up already:

And here's what it should hopefully look like once finished:

Steve

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
This will be an interesting project to follow. Looking good so far.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #3

Nice project! Lots of spray cans in use I suppose?

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Looking good so far.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #5

Senior Boarder
Yes plenty of spray cans used so far, but including buying the jeep I've only spent £170 so far, which I'm happy with.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
So I've managed to do abit more with the jeep the past few days, including putting a first colour layer on the main body.

It looks alittle rough at the moment, but will look better after the second coat.

Also managed to paint the windscreen, spot-lights and passenger side mirror

Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Really nice work you have done on this paint job. Do you really use spray bombs or are you using a proper air driven sprayer?

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Your Rebo body is made from Polyethylene I presume, going by most of your photos.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
It sure looks like it takes paint well and that may be why, plastic on plastic.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Lots of plastic in those real cars we love too. There is polyethylene auto paint available these days. Just a slight rub on the front stone guard panel, then prime, followed by top coat usually two sprays and job is done.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #11

Senior Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
Really nice work you have done on this paint job. Do you really use spray bombs or are you using a proper air driven sprayer?

Yes just using common old 'rattle' can spray cans, the body has been plastic primered prior to painting.

I do have a proper air driven sprayer, but don't have the space or time to do it at home, so all this has been done on my dinner break at work.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #12

Senior Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
Your Rebo body is made from Polyethylene I presume, going by most of your photos.

Yes it is, I just rough the surface slightly with a pan scrubber pad, wipe it with a 'tack' duster the add the plastic primer, and then as you say, 2 coats of top coat is generally enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I never thought of the scrubber pad, although I used steel wool grade 0000 as I use steel wool when I am restoring furniture surfaces.

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #14

Senior Boarder

Well I'm on the final stretch now with the Jurassic Park jeep, I got the last bit of painting done on  Sunday and the jeep assembled on Monday, so I'm just waiting on the decal set now to finish it off

Re: Rebo Jurassic Park Jeep 4 years, 5 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Looking really good and will be nice to see it complete with decals.
  • Page: