Triang Zephyr Mk2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more
  • Page:

TOPIC: Triang Zephyr Mk2

Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
Hi guy's,

As you'll have probably read I've just finished the restoration on Owen's Leeway Capri, I fancy doing another pedal car or Tot Rod and a week ago I came across this Jaguar Junior XJ-S through Facebook, around 70% complete and in need of restoration for £120

Anyway after realising the size of it and it A; been too big to fit in my mates van and B; not having room in my garage after putting my Anglia 123E project in there I gave it a miss ( will probably kick myself for a long time about it )

So yesterday I came across this Triang Zephyr Mk2 pedal car for restoration, Owner says it's complete, but in parts ( screen still in shed he says ), he's fairly local and wants £150 for it, it's been in his shed for 30 years.

What are peoples thoughts on it, is it a worth-while restoration? not in it for a profit, I just like my son to have different things to other kids,

Steve

Re: Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Good to see you have completed the Capri, looks great , the wheels look like the real thing now you have picked them out in the black, I have left mine as factory but looking at ours I wish I had done this.

With regards the Zephyr get there quick before some one else beats you to it you won't get one as complete as that for that money now. Have a look on the Trinag pedal car topic & you will see my Zephyr & the one Sierra1 has which are both factory spec.

I have never seen the XJS before & if all 4 wheels on it this again is a bargain , have a second thought & get the 2 if you can.

Re: Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #3

Senior Boarder
Thank you for the compliments Andy, I was quite impressed with how the Capri turned out for a first attempt at doing something like that.

I shall have a look at those threads regarding the Triang, if I got it I was thinking of going a two-tone colour scheme route like some of the new Zephyr's.

Is there a list/chart of the colours that the pedal car originally came in?

Also are there any companies/people that can supply spares if needed?

Cheers,

Steve
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by Capri-Steve.

Re: Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Both the cars which we show on the Triang pedal car topic are as near to the factory colours , the two tone came in the blue & white & red & white, the insides were also painted two one as they may have been dipped on the lower body.

A top of the range one was two tone & it came with working lights , chrome bumpers & rear light clusters a dash board & gear lever on the steering wheel.

Have a look on the web site Triang NL, they have all the caterlouges by Triang & show yu the models available, they also do re-pro water slides of the Triang motif , dash board & no. plates. Another place who make re-pro & also get spares is Parts4Pedal cars. The one you have looks almost complete, so you are well on your way with it.

Re: Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder

Re: Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
I got beaten to it unfortunately Andy, was abit annoying as I'd told the seller I was definitely wanting it and would Sunda be ok to collect, was told yes. Just messaged now to say itd be Sunday morning and he's said he's sold it, ahhhh well.

Re: Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Some times you have to strike while the iron is hot. I always leave a refundable deposit, if I can. Sometimes you find something like this or in my case a full set of tires for the wife's car, almost brand new. Wanted $100 for them but only had $20. Left that with her and went to the bank back home and got the car. Went and got the tires and had them put on that afternoon.
It is always a pain when you find what you would like only to have some else take it out from underneath you. Always leave a deposit.
AND get a receipt too.

Re: Triang Zephyr Mk2 4 years, 5 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
That is a real shame , these cars come up up on Ebay but not at that price.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness
  • Page: