The Austin J40
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
American National, AMF, Blower Bentley, BMC, Brindia, Charles Williams, Corvette, Cyclops, Dan Patch, Danette, Evans, Faircraft, Ferbedo, Garton, Gendron, Gendron, Gym Dandy, Hamilton, J R Smith, Jr. Jeepster, Kar Bike, Mason & Parker , Midwest, Mighty Mac, Mobo, Monarch, MTD, Murray-Ohio, PAL, Pine, Power Car Co., Rolls Racer, Rundle, Sherwood Jeep, Sidway, Sidway-Topfil, Skippy, Small Engine Dist., Speed King, Steelcraft, Tan Sad, Thistle, Toledo , Triang, Western Aluminum Jeep, Wilkenson, Worchester and more
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Austin J40

Re: The Austin J40 2 years, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
My daughter went to Christmas Wonderland in Hyde park London over Christmas, she sent me these pictures.

A fantastic site, a fantastically restored Austin J40 Fairground Roundabout, a once common site on British fairgrounds & for many children, including me, a chance to have a ride in one of these magnificent pedal cars. I am not sure on how many of these roundabouts still exist but this one is truly beautiful & pristine.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: The Austin J40 2 years, 9 months ago #17

Andy

Amazing pictures...thought these would all be broken up to sell on...great to see it all together...

Regards Niall
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: The Austin J40 2 years, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Very nice and no, you probably don't see these all the time. They are in great condition and I like that they all have their own names on the plates. Any kid would love a ride in one of these.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: The Austin J40 2 years, 9 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Is that a Carters Fairground Carousel ? If so it is nice to see they have toned down the colour scheme on the cars.

Re: The Austin J40 2 years ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Dinkydi, not sure if you have got the running gear for your J40 but there is a full running gear set on Ebay for a not too bad (in J40 price) buy it now or make an offer, he also has a lovely set of hub caps at a reasonable price.

Re: The Austin J40 2 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Andy, I had a look and couldn't find that, have you got a link to the advert ?

I have had on my watch list the chap that makes them new but he doesn't ship here.

Re: The Austin J40 2 years ago #22

Platinum Boarder
If you type in Austin J40 pedal gear drive train & it will come up up , it needs a paint but complete

Re: The Austin J40 2 years ago #23

Platinum Boarder
<p>You have to watch out for it being on a site that does not ship to you. I have that problem all the time when someone sends me a link to a Dinky I am wanting. It is there is you send the item number but just searching for the title does not work so well unless is it listed on the site you go to, in Malcolms case, Australia. Canadian links don't work so well as so many don't ship to Auz.</p>
<p>Item number 113294804964</p>
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Nobleco.

Re: The Austin J40 2 years ago #24

Platinum Boarder
Searching world wide may help. It showed up on my ebay but I am set for looking world wide on my store.

Re: The Austin J40 2 months, 3 weeks ago #25

Platinum Boarder
I have been after a J40 Car Club Member's badge for years, they are rare & expensive, I got this one at nearly half the cost i have seen them for , although still a lot of money.
When I get a chance I will make a bracket to fit behind the centre bolt on the front bumper.

Re: The Austin J40 2 months, 3 weeks ago #26

Platinum Boarder
A real gem !

Such a marvelous toy !

You can be proud of it !

Re: The Austin J40 2 months, 3 weeks ago #27

Platinum Boarder
I am , I had to wait from 1966 to 1993 to get this one! it has pride of place in my pedal car collection

Re: The Austin J40 2 months, 3 weeks ago #28

Platinum Boarder
I fitted the badge, it is a shame it is smaller than the others , although a lot of grill badges on a real car are of different size.

I have shown the car AA badge in comparison to the Motorcycle one on car , the Veteran Motorists one is a motorcycle one too, I should put 36 in the centre as this is how long I have been driving as this is what shoud be there thy came in different colours each year & you had a monthly magazine, my dad was a subscriber back in the day , I have his badge here some where.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL
  • Page: