Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's the place to talk about Cranes, Cement Mixers, Tractors, Combine Harvesters and other similar beasts!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes.

Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 13 years, 5 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
For those who love tracked Excavators that dig small and large holes or trenches in the ground. Including those that demolish buildings. Grabs and Open Face Shovels used for working cliff faces in open cut mines, either driven by steam or diesel powered, represented in die cast toys or model replicas from the up market design categorise. Then feel free to post pictures of your collection here with me.

John Deer by ERTL

Matchbox Super Kings JCB Excavator K 41-C Made in China

Smart Toys excavator 1997 made in China.

No brand name excavator although it says 1/64 scale of a D18 all die-cast above while the chassis and drive wheels are plastic.

Zylmex Dyna Mites Excavator

Majorette and Hot Wheels.

Matchbox No 38/25 Demolition Machine 2003 and the old faithful Matchbox M4-A2 Ruston Bucyrus Power Shovel.

Do have some Atlas Excavators around somewhere in their boxes but where?

Re:Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 13 years, 5 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
couple of Matchbox again in yellow/black
DSC01734.JPG

Re:Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 13 years, 5 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
and another one in red/black
DSC01738.JPG

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder

A Bobcat 442 by Brami,  a Clover made Doosan and Hyundai

The last one doesn't count, but I suppose it is rare enough to include
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by jclevering.

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
The Hyundai is OK. Don't think I have ever seen on of these road wheel although Matchbox did bring out one K 1 -C3 O & K Excavator. I have seen real ones although modest in size that can run on either tread or hard rubber wheels.

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I know one is a Volvo and one is a cat but no idea who made them or what scale they are. Sure would be nice to know if it is worth my while trying to find them and then a reall bummer when I find out they are 1:24 or larger and will not fit in my house let alone my collection of 1:50 equipment. Have to did out some of may 1:50 JOAL and show them.
Info is alway wanted and appreciated. Who makes these. Tonka???

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I know one is a Volvo and one is a cat but no idea who made them or what scale they are. Sure would be nice to know if it is worth my while trying to find them and then a reall bummer when I find out they are 1:24 or larger and will not fit in my house let alone my collection of 1:50 equipment. Have to did out some of may 1:50 JOAL and show them.
Info is alway wanted and appreciated. Who makes these. Tonka???

Volvo is 1:50 by SIKU, the Caterpillar also 1:50 by NZG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 8 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Some (rare?) 1:40 Daewoo excavators:

Daewoo Solar 220 LC-III and Solar 220 LC-V (New Clover)

Daewoo construction equipment business was more or less taken over by Doosan, now one of the worlds mayor manufacturers of these machines. In China, the South Korean company has a market share of 40%.

Our next vehicles is also from Korea.

This is a 1:50th scale Samsung SE 210 LC-2 made by Kingstar.

Samsung was taken over by Volvo's construction business.

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Joal Michigan Loader JOA239 1:50 scale

I guess this does not really fit here as it is on wheels, not tracks. Sorry.
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 8 months ago #11

What scale are these? That Bobcat is really nice, would be nice to know the scale so I see if it will fit my collection.

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 11 years, 8 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
The Bobcat is 1:50, the Doosan 1:40

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 10 years, 8 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
This vehicle was introduced at Bauma 2013:

It's the first scale model of this brand in the 1:50 scale, as far as I know. It depicts the biggest excavator of Doosan, the DX700 and has a moving track made out of seperate links. It actually "rolls" relatively well. Certainly in comparison to other tracked scale models. It also has a engine cover that opens.

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 10 years, 8 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder

I think I didn't show this one in this thread. It is a concept vehicle that will probably never be made. The idea is how an excavator could look like in 2020. The 4 seperate tracks can move independantly from eachother and can be used as a jack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Tracked Excavators That Crawl Slowly and Dig Holes. 10 years, 8 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Inspirational to say the least. Lets face it someone has designed this new type of concept and yes this is usually the way things start to materialise for future things to come. Independent control four wheel tracks and if each one could be able to swivel and change its direction while keeping its same movement could turn around in a circle without ripping up the ground.

Thanks for sharing.
Last Edit: 10 years, 8 months ago by GunnerJim.
  • Page: