My first try on modifying a diecast model and I know that one should practice on a budget model and not with a premium brand such as this one. But I just couldn't help it. There was nothing wrong with this model per se but I thought that there was a lot to be done on the engine bay particularly. An early casting by Kyosho that resulted in a mediocre engine details. I kinda enhanced the look a bit. As i've said, MY FIRST TRY so I don't expect it to look like that it was done by a pro. Well, I did not wreck the car in the process, that is the good news......
Below are some pictures of the Cobra during the process.
This is how the engine bay looked like. See those thick wires?
Now this is the part where I started to feel commited to the project. No turning back as you can see I've disassembled the entire thing. This was necessary because it would be impossible to reach those wires. I took my time and kinda memorized how to put all these pieces back together. This particular casting is really easy to disassemble unlike AUTOart models that you need to remove the rear wheels to reach the hidden screws. And believe me, removing the wheels are really difficult.
Ahhhh, finally this is the stage where I got really excited with the project. As you can see, removing and replacing the wires is easier this way.
I took out the entire thing and worked on the fine braided wires. I painted each wire matte red and I added a small piece of spruce from tamiya kit.
I used super glue to attach the wires to the engine. Just be careful when using super glue and apply small amount only. Just enough to secure to wire to its place.