OO, 4mm scale, 16.5 mm gauge
Abingdon & District MRC
The Great Northern entered Leicester from the east in 1883 with grand ideas, and built a six track station with twin overall roof like the one at King Cross. However, only four trains a day ran to Peterborough (until 1916 when it ceased) and six trains a day to Grantham. It was faster Leicester to York than via L.M.S or Great Central because the'express'- J6 0-6-0 with non-corridor coach-connected with the 'Flyinf Scotsman' at Grantham.
The main passenger traffic involved excrusions to Skegness and Mablethrope and in 1953 when the local services were lost, these alone remained until closure to passengers in 1962.
Freight was more successful with the goods warehouse well used until closure of the line in 1964 when the local services were lost, these alone remained until closure to passengers in 1962.
Nothing remains of the station, goods warehouse or any associated railway buildings, even the Catherine Street Bridge is no more.
Leicester (Belgrave Road) is run to a timetable and a clock. The three operators each run trains independently, prepare trains for times departures, and break up newly arrived trains before the next arrival is due.