Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rivets

Rivets 1 week, 2 days ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Sorry if this has been discussed before but I am looking for rivets that can be used with mainline Hot Wheels. I bought these from ebay a while ago.

They are good for Redlines and some Lesney-Matchbox but a tad too small for mainline Hot Wheels. Any idea where I can buy slightly larger rivets.

Thanks

Re: Rivets 1 week, 1 day ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi there, I hope you will like it on this forum.

Re: Rivets 1 week, 1 day ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I have rivets on my ebay store but nothing for Hot Wheels. They are too small. Even for 1-75 Matchbox mine are on the large size.
Welcome to the forum and hope you find what your looking for. Would be nice to see some of your cars in the Hot Wheels section. Were you ever a member of Mike Zarnoks site? All his members are here now, at least in user name.

Re: Rivets 1 week, 1 day ago #4

Fresh Boarder
No, I am a member of Swifty's. I could not get an answer there either regarding the rivets. My current solution is to use nails which I cut to size but the head is not perfectly round and I am kind of a neat freak when it comes to customisation/restoration. Thanks anyway.

Re: Rivets 1 week ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I don't know Swift's. If your using nails, that is great. If you want them to look better, use a drill or drill press and a small file. I use an old Points file but any small file, metal fingernail file will work too, should do the job. Put the nail in the drill and use the file to shape and smooth the nail head. You can also turn the shank down with this method. Use Emory cloth or similar to sand out the scratches. I do this with my large cast rivets as they are too large in diameter for most applications I use them for.
Good Luck.
  • Page: