Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Yellow at Easter

Re: Yellow at Easter 2 months, 1 week ago #16

Platinum Boarder
this model is already looking very cool !!!!!

Re: Yellow at Easter 2 months, 1 week ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I like the Batmobile in all colors, i did one in red.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Yellow at Easter 2 months, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, today the trailer got a new tow-eye. I tried the hook on it, and it is a good fit. Also the trailer was put in primer after a quick sandblast. I think to spray it in red, as a contrast to the yellow.
As the trailer is of the second type, one of the 'connecting points' was cut and filed off. This is because the boat will be screwed on later at this point. 

Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by Keesie.

Re: Yellow at Easter 2 months, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Suspension made. Thanks Theo.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Yellow at Easter 2 months, 1 week ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Great looking work so far and good ideas coming on. Keep it up. Looking toward the end.

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Time to carry on with the yellow project. First I did the front parts. The grilles got a second layer of black. If there are still parts in the picture NOT black, it is the reflection of the light or something else. With the naked eye those parts are completely black. With a pin I did the headlights, as well as the orange part.The headlights could do with a second layer of black, but on the other hand, the yellow coming through is a good effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #22

Platinum Boarder
I decided to buy light blue glazings. Firstly because I can only do tranparant, no colour, but also because the customer paid for them. With 9  euro's a piece the models will become quite expensive....... I added silver lining to those glazings. 

Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Keesie.

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Antenna's made out of toothpicks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #24

Platinum Boarder
The building up starts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Starting to come together. Nice to see the blue window units too.

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Looking good be great to see when finished

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Does look rather lovely in yellow the Batmobile. Look forward to the finished result!!

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #28

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys. Today was a good day to combine things: work on the models, and when left to dry, do some work in the garden. 

First of all the glazings, dome units (including the rotators) were glued in. A lot of parts inside actually do not need to be glued, but this way it works far better. I mean, sometimes you have to turn the model around, so gluing stops al the parts falling out in between.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #29

Platinum Boarder
You have to press the dome unit/launching system hard into the upper shell. When correctly done, and glued tight, try tp rotate the launching wheel in the direction the arrow points. When it works ok, you know the dome unit is in the right place.
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Keesie.

Re: Yellow at Easter 1 month, 3 weeks ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Then the exhausts were glued in. The one with the hook has a working flame, the other one is for the whizzwheels, so the flame does not work.