Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy"

Re: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy" 3 months, 1 week ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I had a video of installing the axes and hubs to the base plate but lost it trying to figure out the camera. Anyway. I have a video launching on You Tube and here is the link. It is of installing the base plate and rivets.

Re: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy" 3 months, 1 week ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I took a picture of the front of the van so you can see the detailing. This is first coat and second coat is drying. Decal are all that is left to do.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy" 3 months, 1 week ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Okay, decals on and final pictures.

Like the Ad says, Chivers Jellies always turn out well. This one certainly did.

Hope you enjoyed.

Re: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy" 3 months, 1 week ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Another beautiful restoration ready for the cabinet. It's been very interesting to follow the process all the way from start to finish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy" 3 months, 1 week ago #20

great work Jim!

Re: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy" 3 months, 1 week ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Very nice work Jim, looks factory fresh but is probably better than that!

Re: Trojan Van by Dinky Toys #452, "The taking apart, cleaning and painting of a Diecast Toy" 3 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys. It was another fun job but it is too bad I lost the video of installing the axles. It was better than the on on the base and close rivets. My hands got in the way on that one.
  • Page: