Restorers Group Forum: If you're restoring or customising diecast models, here's where to discuss and show off your projects!

TOPIC: Restoring Dinky FAB 1

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week, 2 days ago #91

Fresh Boarder
Hi. Any idea how I can get hold of a copy of the Fab 1 booklet

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week, 2 days ago #92

Platinum Boarder
I thought you were going to say you like or dislike the way the models were done.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by Keesie.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week, 2 days ago #93

Platinum Boarder
Hi Keesie.

Because of the disasters within my Family over the past few Months, I have missed a lot of this thread. What I have now seen is fantastic stuff. You done an excellent job on those Two ''FAB 1'' models, I think your customer will be very pleased with the results.

In the original storyline of Lady Penelope growing up, the car that became hers and ultimately becoming ''FAB 1'', was in fact finished in Blue, not Pink, so your Blue example is pretty accurate!

I have sent a message to scarletdays about the ''FAB 1'' book.

Rollerman.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week, 2 days ago #94

Platinum Boarder
Hi Kevin, we both have been through terrible times, and I certainly do not blame you for not going deeper into my restorations.

I didn't know the story is that  the car was originally blue! Bear in mind a customer sent me these two models, and it was his choice to spray them like this.

About the new member, I think it is impolite not to introduce yourself first, but just come into a resto-thread asking for the book. It would have been better to adress the maker in a PM, or open en new topic and ask for it. Your basic information says: diecast enthousiast. Well, aren't we all? Also, when I placed my earlier message, you were still online and no doubt read what I wrote, so all the time to correct your message.
Last Edit: 1 week, 1 day ago by Keesie.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week, 2 days ago #95

Platinum Boarder
I agree, rude not to introduce yourself.

Sorry, got called upstairs..
I would think a person who wanted some info would tell us a bit about themselves and what they like to collect instead of just jumping into the middle of a thread and asking about a book or a car or model or information or what ever. Maybe Scarletdays can do that for us and if I have missed that, I apologize. I am off upstairs again.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by Nobleco.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #96

Fresh Boarder
Simple and effective. Top marks Kevin.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #97

Fresh Boarder
Lol! Buddy you need to relax man. Sheesh. I didn't have time when I first joined. Considering this website is about collecting interests based on diecast toy cars it appears people's avatars are vehicle based and yours is...a horse and...something?! Lol. Lighten up and practice Karma man ( said in the voice of Donald Sutherland in Kelly's Heroes)
Last Edit: 1 week ago by scarletdays.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #98

Expert Boarder
Dude, I still say, check the attitude at the door. No need to be defensive/aggressive. People post here as a means of sharing. A little softness and appreciation is the norm.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #99

Fresh Boarder
Lol you also need to lighten up. A little softness? Ohhh man. For the record, I am not being aggressive or antisocial just firm in my responce. I ask a quick question and get jumped on! Not a good start. Having said that, I'm a patient guy.
Last Edit: 1 week ago by scarletdays.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #100

Expert Boarder
Right ... good luck my friend

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #101

Platinum Boarder
When I enter somewhere, I first introduce myself. This has nothing to do with the  details of someone's avatar, Sutherland or Karma.  You are not being jumped on, just pointed out the social ways of this forum.

If you are just in need of the book, you could have adressed the maker straight away, that would really be a quick question.
Last Edit: 1 week ago by Keesie.

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #102

Fresh Boarder
Somebody else who needs to lighten up. What is it with you people?

Re: Restoring Dinky FAB 1 1 week ago #103

Platinum Boarder
We just don't like rudeness and antagonism is all. WE are from all over the planet and have different cultural back grounds.
How dare you insult me and my avatar. Gumby and Pokey are world famous claymation characters from 1953 to 1969 when I graduated High School. Look them up.
off your high horse for a while and be courteous and tell us about yourself and your hobby. Kind of rude to walk into a room of people and start pushing and shoving when someone ask you who you are.
Just my thoughts and no insult intended but.....