Corgi Mack
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you can discuss all general diecast stuff - mystery items, ask who made a model of a particular car, ask for info about an obscure manufacturer or chat about anything else related to vehicles smaller than 1:1 scale!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Corgi Mack

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
I was just going to fit another bit of plastic that looks the same size and just heat and bend it then drill out hole in top of muffler or silencer box then just super glue it. Touch of paint and she's Jake.

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #17

You can also use a piece of brass tube or rod, or aluminium tube or rod and either bend the rod or make it a straight or bevel tip tube. Same deal, just drill the muffler to fit the new stack tip. Or, use a piece of 3/16 tube and make yourself a US Super trucker straight pipe without the muffler. Some time spent with a soldering iron and some tube, and you could work up a set of twin stacks, one on either side of the cab.

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I have got a Mack trailer with a hole drilled at the rear It was drilled before the trailer was painted, paint is original and I was wondering if there was a trailer with a crane like the Barry Proctor dropside crane trailer.

I cant say I have ever seen a MACK trailer with a crane

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Don't hold your breath but a guy named Andrew Wood has told me he will take some close ups of the Priestman crane that he has over the weekend, whether he does or not is a different matter

#Chris

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #20

I'm going out right now to look at my trailers to see if the same hole is in them or not.I've never seen another variation with this trailer, that doesn't mean that there isn't one with some other kind of load on it.

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
That hole in the trailer looks similar to the hole in Dinky Foden and Leyland decks and boxes. Dinky uses it to hole the deck or box to the chassis and also, sometimes, it hold the spare tire. Maybe a spare tire washer was under the deck like a Dinky?

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #22

Not sure it would fit, and the spare was on the Handyman tractor's frame, which shared this trailer and the low sidewall Freeway trailer. I agree that it could have been used for holding some kind of load in place.

Re: Corgi Mack 12 years, 10 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
Still trying to decide if I should keep mine or offload to someone who will appreciate it more than me.

that is a really old photo now.

trailer belongs to a Scammell, but have paused on converting a Ford H for that task.

Anyhoo, the Mack is virtually the  same like this. Still has the catch release though

Re: Corgi Mack 10 years ago #24

Fresh Boarder
Very interesting! Like the mack trucks!

Re: Corgi Mack 10 years ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Sold that Mack on a while ago. Did not fot the collection. The trailer has a new ramp and a scammell truck.
Now have find time for the laborious task of restoration.

Re: Corgi Mack 10 years ago #26

I got this in a lot with other cars, I think it is part of the GS37

Re: Corgi Mack 10 years ago #27

Platinum Boarder
yea, you'd want the Ford H-cab for this one.

sorry for the poor qualiity

Re: Corgi Mack 9 years, 12 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
That trailer looks to be n good condition. How are you selling this lot of toys Theo?
  • Page: