waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
50 hearses, 50 race transporters, 50 (or more) of anything you like!

TOPIC: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #61

Gold Boarder
Corgi 1/50 Scania carting skips with trailer mounted crane.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
I found this at a car boot sale for a few ££.....  Huge it is!

...it now looks like this and still awaits lots of other work before its finished.

Have a great day,Frame.
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by frame69.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #63

The big Bruder trucks have made their way over here as well. I believe these are 1/16th scale. They make a fantastic looking Mack Granite truck as well. I've seen the Mack as a tractor pulling a Euro style lowbed trailer, dump truck, cement mixer, trash truck (same compacter body as you have shown) and with a euro style rear mount ladder for the fire service. They have been selling for around 80.00 USD, so a bit steep. They also have a line of Cat and Scania cabbed trucks as well. Have you thought about how you are going to make up the trailer suspension?

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
oldtruck56 wrote:
 Have you thought about how you are going to make up the trailer suspension?

Not yet but I've been looking on Google images for shots of the rear end. Its on temporary blocks at the moment but may just make leaf springs but no doubt I'll add other parts in between other 'on going' projects.

I have bursts of enthusiasm but get sidetracked on the way to fetch something from elsewhere in the house as many do.

Cheers,Frame.

Im not keen on the trailer wheels but they will do for now. They came from a Bratz disco truck!
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by frame69.

Ford Louisville Marrel Truck 11 years, 9 months ago #65

Gold Boarder

Hope this fits in with the thread.  This was my "office" for nine years, with Simsmetal.  Picking up scrap metal throughout the greater Melbourne and geelong areas.

A good old truck, but a bit like Granpa's Axe.  Not much wasn't repaired or replaced over the years.

Re: Ford Louisville Marrel Truck 11 years, 9 months ago #66

Gold Boarder
That long since I've posted anything, I've managed to hit the wrong button.  This should be in the thread with the 50 refuse or Dump trucks.  Sorry about that, but unsure how to move it.  Moderators may be able to assist.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #67

If you need pics of trailer suspensions, let me know. I'm sure I have just about every type produced over the years in one scale or another. Don't have any 1/16th scale tires or rims, not my scale to work with.

Re: Ford Louisville Marrel Truck 11 years, 9 months ago #68

Gold Boarder
Great lookin old Ford there George, you kept her looking sharp what did it have in it?

Re: Ford Louisville Marrel Truck 11 years, 9 months ago #69

That is a geat office George, my office has a desk, achair and a few computers. What  a difference
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Ford Louisville Marrel Truck 11 years, 9 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
GeorgeT, I have tried a few times to move this post to the waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles thread but it does not show up in the selection box. Not sure why. Maybe Admin can move it for you. I will let Baskingshark know.

Re: Ford Louisville Marrel Truck 11 years, 9 months ago #71

Gold Boarder
Apologies, once again, not thinking and hit wrong button, sorry for any dramas in getting it moved.   Thought it fitted in with the subject very well, and thanks for the comments.

It had a 3208 Cat with Allison Auto trans, and heavy duty diffs. Same set up as for most of the Louisville Concrete trucks (Agitator Pack).  It was a good old work horse and most of the problems I had were inherited as it was a company truck from 1988 till I bought it off them and became a subby in '95.  By then it had been used/abused by dozens of company drivers.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #72

Administrator
Some great-looking trucks in here! I moved the Marrel thread in as requested.
Last Edit: 11 years, 9 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #73

Gold Boarder
Thanks for that, shouldn't post things when your tired and not concentrating on what your doing.  Can't say I miss the old Louisville, but would , one day , like to find/build one in scale for my collection.  Not many Louisville castings about at all, and the only Marrel style trucks I have seen were smaller matchbox type castings.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 9 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
There is a Dinky version that maybe you could do the cab change over on.

Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 11 years, 8 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder

Ravo 5-series 1:50th scale sweeper.