waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
50 hearses, 50 race transporters, 50 (or more) of anything you like!

TOPIC: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Well one makes the grade while the other well they are both Peterbilt trucks and could cart anything I suppose. Made in England by Matchbox Super Kings. 

Last Edit: 12 years, 10 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #47

Senior Boarder
Starbase, Somehow I think you maybe right about the dumping arm. I think that may have been a post production issue the first few hundred times it happened and a new dumping arm had to be replaced. There is a rear loader brand that was developed by a refuse company that performed very excellent in the field called a 'Pak-Mor', if memory serves me right. Rear loader boxes now have an automated system using 'flippers' that pick up and dump the cans into the hopper but trade time efficiency for safty as it takes 2-3 times as long to dump the can as it does by hand.

(  LOL I don't want to sound like a know it all in waste disposal but I put in 3 and a half years on the back of a  refuse truck. Good Honest work but VERY dirty work.   )

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #48

Senior Boarder
Up here in Canada I have seen just about every truck that has been shown here so far and some others. We have a little track truck that has a spherical compactor in the front of the bin, it just pushes it back into the truck. The truck opens at the back and the the junk is pushed out. The other one is a side fill and it has to be lifted at the front to let the garbage fall back. The third one has spherical compactors on both sides like a car squasher and just keep pushing it down.

I remember a news report years ago when the US went over to a smaller tank toilet. Canada was still making the lager capacity tanks and somebody started smuggling them across into the states in, of all things, refuse trucks until they were caught. They would move the packer blade all the way forward, lift the rear gate and pack the box full. 

Do you have Pak-Mor boxes up hat way?

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
Mathbox No 15 Tippax Refuse Lorry

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
Majorette Mercedes  and  Tomica No 10 Mitsishi Canter.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
Matchbox Series No 7 Refuse Truck by Ford 

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
Matchbox No 45 Ford Skip Truck and a cig butt sweeper upper by Maisto  

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
Corgi Juniors S&D refuse Van and a Maisto garbage truck 

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
I heard him coming down the street making the usual sounds and guess what be the time a picked up the camera and ran out side he was off like a bat out of hell. Maybe it was those monsters working over the other side of the fence that scared the Garboo. 

Do you want to see those monsters at work.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 10 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
That would probably be too scary

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 9 months ago #56

Is that a building site or a pit or mine over the fence?

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 9 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
I know this is drifting of the subject although we could consider it environmental in some degree. There is a chemical and water truck around somewhere.

Yes Rob. It is now a building site, although it looks more like an open cut mine at the moment as they are in the process of Remediation Works. They have to go down to the water table depth as to make sure all the contaminates are dispersed from the many decades of fuel contamination, like diesel and petrol and other related chemicals used in the auto industry. The site was the old Fords Product Engineering annex and has been there before the Second World War.

They work from 7 am until 6 pm and that means it is just on sunset when they finish up for the day as we are in the midst of our winter here in Geelong.

The picture below shows just how high they build up the mounds of afterbirth which in this case is the sandstone rock they have dug out at the water table level deep in the earth.

Then after they have treated the site and what ever else they have to do to the soil and rock, they then fill it up again and  re-compact the filling. It will take about 7 months to finish it.

This dumper is driven by a young Blondie and can she give the gun and doesn't muck around with this machine all go and no stopping her.

The new development is for the Bunnings Hardware Store which will have 360 car parking and is one of those big box store types based on the USA principle.

Last Edit: 12 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 9 months ago #58

Thank you for the pics and info. I don't think they dig that deep here, but our current landfill is an old gravel pit that is about that deep. Up until last year, you could dump anything in the landfill, now it has to be taken to a transfer station and they will only accept certain materials.

And to stay a bit on topic, all of our trash trucks here where I live have ejector bodies on them. They do not tilt, they use the front wall and hydraulic rams to push the trash out the back.

Re: waste trucks or other environmental vehicles. 12 years, 9 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Rob. I'll have to do a bit of checking around here and see what type of mechanism ours do actually have and make of truck. As far as I know, if my memory is any good these days, they raise up the rear bulbous end door and elevate the body, (same as any tip truck), and push all the rubbish out with the compactor sliding wall inside the bin. The rubbish truck has left hand drive so the driver can see where the household bin is, so as to locate the bin and lift it up with these hydraulic lifting arms and empty the bin and replace it back on the nature-strip or curb.

Re: waste trucks or other enviromental vehicles. 12 years, 3 months ago #60

Gold Boarder
Heres a TK Bedford from my collection.