Top 10 most expensive model cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
50 hearses, 50 race transporters, 50 (or more) of anything you like!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Top 10 most expensive model cars

Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 3 months ago #1

Gold Boarder
Here my first proposal for this new list, the Dante 1/4 Scale Aston Martin DB5 torso made of gold:
Dante__s_DB5_in_Gold.jpg

The ultimate form of expression available to any artist is the creation of a completely new work of art, and this is multiplied when the individual piece forms part of a series. The appeal of creating such a series of sculptures, where the central theme is the iconic sports car, has inspired the Swiss artist, Dante, to depict the legendary Aston Martin DB5 in its purest form. The fusion of art and classic automobile design raises the cinematic icon to a new level.

Of all the British car manufacturers Aston Martin maintains a unique place, as the name is synonymous with style and sophistication. The company upholds this image with each new model it releases, yet few if any will ever be as famous as the DB5, thanks to the appearance of a gadget laden version of the car in the 1964 film Goldfinger, starring Sean Connery. The exploits of agent 007 and his vehicle produced a world of avid James Bond fans, in the same way that Dante wishes to capture the imagination of art collectors and classic car enthusiasts.

The Aston Martin sculptures are quarter scale, 1:4, interpretations of the original vehicle and are limited to a maximum of ten pieces worldwide. These bespoke works of art are finished in galvanised gold to 50g and mounted on a sumptuous piano black finished display plinth, which is supplied complete with LED light system. The DB5 sculptures portray the vehicle which inspired a generation of filmgoers, and are an ideal addition to any private art collection.

Specifications:
- 1:4 scale sculpture of the Aston Martin DB5 sports coupe
- Finished in galvanised gold to 50g (other finishes available upon request)
- Supplied with a stylish display plinth including a complimentary light system
- Limited Edition with a maximum of ten pieces being produced worldwide
- Size: 1100mm x 490mm x 420mm
- Weight: 15kg
- Price: CHF150,000. (Price excludes delivery and any import duty levied)

Re:Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 3 months ago #2

Gold Boarder
Auto_Union_Type_C.jpg

And here the hand-made Auto Union Type C in 1/2 scale that I wrote about in my blog here.
Price Tag £10,000

Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by ModelCarFreak.

Re:Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 3 months ago #3

Gold Boarder
2008_02_hotwheels_03.jpg

And of course the 23 karat Hot Wheel (more here)!
Only $140,000
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by ModelCarFreak.

Re:Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 3 months ago #4

Administrator
I wrote a blog post on this $80,000 Tomica Datsun a while back:

You can read it here.

Re:Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Not quite as expensive, but one of my favorites and a sure part of my collection should I ever win the lottery - Diamond Cars Jaguar C-Type 1/8 scale - approx. $8,600 USD, although the Euro is declining.
T_c.jpg

Re:Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 2 months ago #6

Fresh Boarder
How about this insanely expensive 1/18th scale Bugatti Veyron, priced at a whopping sum of $2.93 Million?

This manages to make the actual Veyron look \"affordable\", costing $1.2million more than the original! You can find the specifications here...

Re:Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 2 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Bond\'s Aston DB 5 will be auctioned by Sotheby next October.
Start saving now.

Re:Top 10 most expensive model cars 4 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I used to fantasize in my teens in owning and building the rare POCHER 1/8 kitset of the 1934 Rolls Royce Torpedo Phantom II Convertible.

There\'s a completed one up for grabs at Hobby World of Montreal

www.hobbyworldinc.com/pochercar5.html

With the display case they\'re only asking US$2995 Bargain!

Last Edit: 4 years, 2 months ago by RVREVO.
  • Page: