Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines

Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #1

I found a couple more Crowns for my 64th scale fire truck collection. The first is Orange County California Fire Authority's Crown known as Big John. It is used as a public service unit at fairs, parades and car shows and is now in the collection of the California Fire Museum. It is only one of two produced by Code 3 Collectibles with the canopy top.

The second one I picked up is Los Angeles County Fire 's Crown engine 60. This is the same engine used in the filming of Emergency the TV show from the 1970's and belongs to the LACo Fire museum. This was the last open cab Crown bought by the LACo fire department and served at Universal Studios. It was used for all filming at Universal the first two seasons of the show. The scenes shot at Station 127, Station 51 for the show, and at the refinery where many of the fire and rescue scenes were filmed, used 127's Crown. In total, LACo had 131 Crown engines and Snorkels on their roster, and several more were acquired as LACo took over fire services for neighboring communities.

I'll have to take some better pics of this one, and I have another one on the way that I'll add when it arrives.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by oldtruck56.

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Very nice Rob and looking forward to closer pictures. Love the details on these engines

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Yes these do look full of detail for such small models. Never been a fan of fire trucks only a few I like, mainly old British ones.

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #4

The early Code 3 Collectible trucks were very detailed. Towards the end of the company's run, cost cutting reduced the details to cast in parts instead of the add on parts that gave them the collectible model look. As a result of the business closing, the prices have skyrocketed. The Emergency TV show trucks are rarely seen for less than 175.00 and my last check for them found 250.00 the going rate as a buy it now at that auction site. I have seen some models coming out of Eastern Europe that appear to be Code 3 models, or made from their molds on that auction site for around 15.00 USD (plus shipping), and some of them could be Del Prado versions as well. I have two on order, and hope they are as nice as they look in the pics.

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #5

OK, some pics are ready to post here. I have taken some pics of LACo Engine 60 Crown out of the dome, and another one i've picked up last month. First the LACo engine.

The next one is the another Crown released by Code 3 Collectibles with the canopy over the seats. This one for Firehouse Expo as engine 3. I think there is a KB toys manager's special release that has the canopy top, but I've only seen one in a blurry pic on ebay, so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Those look really nice and highly detailed for thier scale. 1:43 right? nope, sorry, they are 1:64 so even better at a smaller scale. Love them and I should really get one for my collection.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #7

Let me look around a bit before you buy. One of the museum guys said he was going to thin out his collection and I may be able to grab a couple of his before they hit the auction site.

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
What sort of price would they fetch as I have not gone to look at any yet. Been too busy with a large order arriving and then my store and restorations. NOW I think I have a fuel pump going in my Mazda PU, Dang, bet that runs over $400. Who came up with in tank pumps anyway.

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #9

Having just done the fuel pump in my Avalanche, I know exactly what you mean. If it's in tank, open the gas cap and listen to the opening. You should hear the pump motor whine in the filler opening. If you can hear the pump motor, try changing the fuel filter first.

The Code 3 models vary in price, depending on popularity, availability and level of detail. You can find later edition models for about 25.00 USD, and some of the early ones are getting 250.00+ USD. I'm looking at a couple right now from the museum guy's collection, and he has a couple that would be great starter rigs, IF we can agree on a decent price of course. I'll let you know by email what I find out.

Re: Code 3 Collectibles Crown Firecoach engines 1 year, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
I have to hit the tank to get the pump to work. Fuel filter should be okay. Yesterday I took it to my mechanic. Snowed last night so glad I am not doing it myself. I just filled the tank to so that will be a bit of a fight. He has a full shop so I should have it back this morning sometime, I hope.
Let me know the price. The former might work but that $250 is out of the question.
  • Page: