• Page:

TOPIC: Lion Car Commer Walk-Thru Vans

Re: Lion Car Commer Walk-Thru Vans 2 years, 1 month ago #16

Here a few photos from the Lion Toys book 1946-2001 + photos of my model

The rivets are not shiny, so old

detailled window casting

Re: Lion Car Commer Walk-Thru Vans 2 years, 1 month ago #17

Platinum Boarder

No white roof, so is this the PTT version?  Could we get a photo of the whole van, or did I miss it?
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by karls.

Re: Lion Car Commer Walk-Thru Vans 2 years, 1 month ago #18

Platinum Boarder
I just checked again, using the new information posted in this thread. The van Gend & Loos, which we know to be a new reissue, has painted taillights, the KLM doesn't! Also the rivets look quite different on the two. This does not, of course, prove that the KLM is a 1970-casting, but at least it establishes it as an earlier casting. Theo, your book says that the original dies still exist, so my guess is, that the same dies have been used for all generations, so differences must be sought elsewhere, like the paint detailing (painted taillights on the lates ones) and the rivets.

The only way to get to the bottom of this, I feel, would be if somebody had various generations bought from new and remembered when they were bought. Did the 80s versions have painted taillights? Did they have old or new type rivets? And so on.

Well, it's good to know that Sherlock is on the case

Re: Lion Car Commer Walk-Thru Vans 2 years, 1 month ago #19

Platinum Boarder
The new toydetective issues were made in Holland in the factory so they are still "originals" - just new and made on order for a 3rd party! They have better masking than the old ones.  See my first set of photos in the first post on this thread.  Hopefully, they will always be boxed and thus easy to ID as the new 2009 re-issues (toydetective sticker).  They should have never ben bought to play with so should remain with box, I hope.

Now the 70-80 painted ones from thr factory with 3rd party applied decals,  that is another matter! 

Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by karls.

Re: Lion Car Commer Walk-Thru Vans 2 years, 1 month ago #20

Karl

this is not the PTT version, no proof of decals on both sides.

This one is fully original with painted hubs, in case no one noticed

Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by RoutemasterNL.
  • Page: