Todays finds at the NAMAC
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Todays finds at the NAMAC

Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #1

Today Gerrit and me went to the NAMAC fair. Again, it was a great day out and we met lots of likeminded collectors.

Jan Werner was there with his nephew and they had a stall full of nice looking cars.

I came home with the following:

3 Atlas Dinky French series of trucks. Picked them up for a fellow collector who could not make it to the fair

Another person who bought some parts off me, wanted a base for the 965 Euclid. So I bought a scrap 965, dismantled it, removed the paint and sell it on

And finally: 2 cars that I do not collect, but this will become a very special project. That is all I can say about it for now.

And I saw some unboxed and mint Tekno VW T1's, which cost 200 euros each. A photo will do in this case, because my pockets are not that deep

Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by RoutemasterNL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Good day out Theo. So did I, because I went there with my cousin, as usual. I found these crappy models, which will be either for spares or to restore. 

My big score was this Auto Pilen Ferrari 512, in state of NEW! The rear engine cover was very stiff, en never opened before.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hi, yes, Houten was great again today. Fewer visitors in this season, so a much more pleasant atmosphere. Nevertheless, I met so many fellow collectors that I still have a sore throat of talking. No acquisitions today. Instead of that I managed to sell some doubles for which I had found better replacements in the past few months, conform my policy of continuously improving the collection. 

My cousin had very successful sales, returning home with a lot of money and considerably fewer models!

Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #4

Very good scores for the both of you.

Re: Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Again some nice buys & those Tekno's look fantastic.
Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Great photos and reports, some nice buys and the Teknos look amazing!

Re: Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
The only thing I bought at the NAMAC was a chocolate milkshake, my favorite:

But I met a lot of people from the Namac organization, and volunteered to man a stand of them during a four day fair in September. Of course Jan was there and I met people from other diecast forums. Our German dentist friend who collects front engined race cars and last but not least an old friend with whom I have done a lot of slot racing in the past.

However, the day did not pass without a model car, this one arrived from Canada in the evening. A Matrix Rolls Royce Silver Wraith Empress Line by Hooper. It was offered at a ridiculous low price and quoted as being used. Well the only thing used was the outer box, the model was spotless.
It is a model of the same car which I rented about a month ago with a chauffeur, albeit this one in a different two tone color. Last Saturday my chauffeur was Theo (thanks for that) driving a car which also starts with an R.

Last Edit: 6 years, 9 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Todays finds at the NAMAC 6 years, 9 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
Great finds all of you.
  • Page: