Ilario Phantom III
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ilario Phantom III

Ilario Phantom III 2 months, 1 week ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Today I got my second Ilario 1/43 Rolls Royce model car.

It is the Park Ward Phantom III Sedanca de Ville, chassis #3CM61 (not related to any Star Wars droid).

It dislays nicely with its Ilario PIII  Hooper brother:

The real car is the second of three identical designs, with a swept-forward leading edge of all doors in a sweeping body enhanced by the cream cane work and glamorous wheel spats; a design of which Park Ward could be rightly proud of.
3CM61 was born on Xmas eve 1937, and originally had a brown body. First owner: Mr. John. D. Clark, a London surveyor and real estate agent.

The original dark brown color:

Ilario is a high end and high priced manufacturer so I was wondering why did they engrave the name plate with RoRo in stead of Rolls Royce. Was that too much to ask or is it just plain stupidity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Ilario Phantom III 2 months, 1 week ago #2

Another fine example of the craftsmanship of Ilario
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: Ilario Phantom III 2 months, 1 week ago #3

Platinum Boarder
A fine score that one Gerrit. Such an amazing model and one that has some fine detail.

I have added a couple of Rolls Royce Phanton III by Solido, one of them could be a candidate for code 3, both the same model but different colours.

Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by dinkyjay.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 2 months, 1 week ago #4

Platinum Boarder
dinkyjay wrote:
A fine score that one Gerrit. Such an amazing model and one that has some fine detail.

I have added a couple of Rolls Royce Phanton III by Solido, one of them could be a candidate for code 3, both the same model but different colours.

Thanks Dinkyjay, those Ilario models are really the bee's knees.

Solido Phantom III, I think I have/had some 50 of them, many code 3 and/or converted. I gave a lot of them wire wheels from other Solido Age d'or models.

Yeah they are quite easy to work on, you unscrew the base plate and there you go.

Here some examples of code 3's. If you need wire wheels for Solido I have several sets in my parts bin, I can send them to you.

Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 2 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Those code 3's all look very smart. The colours are fantastic, the colour of the model I plan to strip is a burgandy colour, it's a nice shade but has a large chip on the side so perfect to strip and repaint.

I will be doing my code 3 soon. I have some Solido models here that will donate their wheels, I'm thinking off keeping the base black paint the body white.
Last Edit: 2 months ago by dinkyjay.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 1 month, 4 weeks ago #6

Platinum Boarder
So I finished up my Solido Phantom, just painted the body. Came out real nice. 

This is a stick photo borrowed from Google, this was the colour it was.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 1 month, 4 weeks ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Now in pieces, and ready for the body to be stripped.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 1 month, 4 weeks ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Amd now finished with an all white body. I'm super happy with the way it turned out.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 1 month, 4 weeks ago #9

Looking great, well done mate

Re: Ilario Phantom III 1 month, 4 weeks ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Nice work.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 1 month, 2 weeks ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys. Suits it well black and white.

Re: Ilario Phantom III 1 month, 2 weeks ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Nice one, it looks factory finish.

Rollerman.
  • Page: