My finds at the NAMAC fair
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: My finds at the NAMAC fair

My finds at the NAMAC fair 7 years ago #1

Last Saturday was the NAMAC fair. I came home with the following:

Atlas Dinky 943 Leyland Octopus ESSO, for my cabinet MIB.
Corgi 469 Routemaster Bus Isle of Wight, also in the cabinet MIB.
Dinky 172 Studebaker, heavily overpainted and in need of a full restoration.
And a Lion Toys DAF trailer. This is the one I am going to use for a special project, like the one Wolter showed
Last Edit: 7 years ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: My finds at the NAMAC fair 7 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Nice Theo, the Isle of Wight Routemaster will please you, no doubt.
I had a table: reasonable sales, zero finds. Kind regards, Jan
Last Edit: 7 years ago by janwerner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: My finds at the NAMAC fair 7 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I shared a table with Jan, the first time for me at the NAMAC fair.

Moderate sales, but satisfied. One stupid thing happened. A guy wanting to buy 10 of my models in one blow, asking for a nice price. I made him a very good offer and he walked away saying he would think about it and maybe come back. When the swap meet ended, I had my stuff all packed up. But the guy came back still wanting to do the deal, provided I lowered my price. I have him 10% and he said yes, I'll take them. So I had to unpack the cars he wanted, and when I did he said: on second thought I must decline and he went away. Here we go again, packing up.

I bought one car, a Rolls Royce model, of course. It is a James Young Phantom V by an unknown manufacturer. This car was for sale on the Dutch site of Marktplaats for 90 Euro, a few months ago. I saw it and thought oh no, this is not worth even half the money. A week before the fair the price was down to EUR 25,-- so I contacted the seller asking him to take it to the swap meet so that I could check it out.

This is a China made model of quite some years ago and it had wheels which are way too small. Ridiculous really. See pic.

But I bought it anyway knowing I had the right set of wheels at home. The deal was done on 20 Euro.

Now it looks somewhat better:

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: My finds at the NAMAC fair 7 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I went to the toyfair with my cousin, as usual. Just past the entrance I had a talk with the photographer from the NAMAC. He had just been to the USA, and always sends me a lot of car-pictures. This time there was also a real Tucker. As there were already two other gents, and also Theo joined. The other two did not know what a Tucker was, so we explained. 

I had several nice talks with people, and greeted Jan in his stall, and I bought several oldies to restore.
  • Page: