New arrivals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New arrivals

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #361

Platinum Boarder
The music box chime is an unfortunate. One prong on mine has broken off so the tune misses a note. I have yet to find a replacement part. Nobody makes a repro and the prices for a beat up model plus postage is too much when you wont know if the chime is complete until you open it up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #362

Platinum Boarder
I still have to open the car and i hope it is not broken inside.

Fingers cross.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #363

Platinum Boarder
Good luck with that. You should do a search for Keesie and his thread on this topic, probably in the Corgi Section.
I got your PM's, thanks.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #364

Platinum Boarder
I looked into the thread of the restoration of the Corgi Walls Ice Cream Van Chimes but i don't see any pictures of the restoration.

Have the pictures been deleted?

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #365

Platinum Boarder
I have been looking at the internet and found these pictures from the inside of the Corgi Walls Ice cream Van Chimes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #366

Platinum Boarder
Keesie often deletes his pictures after a month of so sometimes longer. I see no point in doing that if they are uploaded from his computer but he does not like that from time to time people will use his photos and not give him access. Sometimes I wonder why he even post the pictures if he is worried about it. Just put a watermark on the pictures and that makes it harder to remove, for most users but not all.
Each to their own, I say, so I have no problem with it. You can always PM him and ask for some of the photos he has put up on this subject.
The photo above has teeth (or Prongs) missing from the player. that is too bad. Looks like the top 2 were cut off when made as they don't line up with the music part of the drum  I wonder if a guy could make one of these from the right thickness steel plate? Anyone ever try?
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #367

Platinum Boarder
Unbelievable, this is the strangest information I have ever read on Planet Diecast. Keesis deletes his photos that visually explains what he is actually writing about after a couple of months. Might as well delete all his writings as well. What a waste of time that is even posting those photos in the first place. But then again, I do believe you Jim as it is a strange world we live in Jim.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #368

Platinum Boarder
looks like you are missing 2 notes. 3 actually but the top one doesnt appear to actually be over the drum of "nipples" that strike the notes as they pass. So doesnt look like all the notes were used anyways. If I remember correctly (been a while since looking at mine) I believe this to be the case. Regardless you got a couple missing anyways. Like me, you have to keep searching for a complete one.

There may be a chance that the missing notes are not even used either. Turn the drum and if you dont see a nipple pass by where the missing note is then you are good.
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by Tick.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #369

Platinum Boarder
If you need to open it up to restore then I'd certainly try shifting the comb down one.

Keesie gave me that tip many years ago.

That and to make sure to only turn the handle clockwise.

Here's mine.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #370

Platinum Boarder
Time to pop in and explain why I deleted my pictures, although I explained this before. First of all, when the subject of the musical device was not discussed now, nobody would have noticed I deleted my pictures from the older postings.

Second, I found that my pictures (the Mini Mostest ones for instance) were used outside this forum by someone with an extensive Corgi site. This was done without my permission. When I adressed the person, he said he did not know where he got them from, which to me is the 'cheapest' answer ever. The worst part is that he called my restos cheap reproductions, often sold for enormous amounts, as for being originals.

I never came on that site before, so it was sheer luck I googled and got there. I talked to the guy, and about the only thing he did was put an extra text to one of my pictures.

In between another thing happened on 'the other forum'. I placed a very personal story on there which happened to my dad in WW2. I was stupid in the first place to place names (my dad's) and details there. Bear in mind the other forum is closed to non-members. 

Then I found my story, in the exact same words, was used on a different site, without my permission. Although a non profit site, about WW2, I think this is absurd, and to this day I cannot do anything about it.

So: I do NOT have any problems with others using my pictures or information. I DO have a problem with others using my pictures and information WITHOUT ASKING.

As I think it is rather disturbing to place 'watermarks' on new pictures, I decided to take certain pictures away after a certain period.

When someone here wants information about a certain subject I was involved in, he can simply PM me, and I will give him the information.

A strange world indeed: there is also a forum I am a member of, and the same thing happened. Someone PM'd me, I gave all info he wanted, and there was not even a thank you in return. That is also one of the reasons I am not a member of Facebook. Before you know it, private information is public. I have nothing to hide, but using info without asking is too much for me. I am not psycho or schizo, it is just a matter of principle and courtesy. I hope you all understand.
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by 283258.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #371

Platinum Boarder
In short: the handle in the rear should always be rotated clockwise, otherwise teeth will break off.

Unscrew the 'comb' from the device. Note there are originally 13 teeth. Only 6 are used, so not all teeth are used, and only one or more of the USED ones are broken off, due to rotating the wrong way. When one is broken, the teeth left and right to the broken one are still intact. Therefore if you can move the comb up ONE teeth, the device will work again. So, you have to move the comb towards where the handle is. Make the holes where the two screws go bigger, but only towards the right side (where the un-sharp corner is).

I am sure CCE is oke with me using his picture (......). The parts in the holes which are made red have to be filed out. This cannot be done with a drill, because a drill will make the complete hole bigger. You only want the red part to come off. When done, you will be able to move the comb along the drum. Before screwing it tight, you can see if it works, and that all teeth will catch the points on the drum. Neither of the teeth in use now, were ever used before. Good luck!

Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by 283258.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #372

Platinum Boarder
And today this, the girl and the dogs for the performing poodles from the Corgi Chippendfield circus range.

The two cars( i had them already) with the original stickers i'm going to restore. One for the performing poodles and one for the kennel club.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #373

Platinum Boarder
So glad someone likes my explain about the musical device.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #374

Platinum Boarder
Yes i do, thank you. I like it because i have a Corgi Walls Ice Cream Van Chimes that is in need of some restoration. I hope i'm lucky when i open it.

Greetings.

Re: New arrivals 7 years, 2 months ago #375

Platinum Boarder
If you need help, let me know. For one: putting it back together, stick some tape on the sliding windows and rear frame. That way they do not fall off when you put it back together. When done, pull off the tape.