Kaden - Skoda 1203 Microbus
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kaden - Skoda 1203 Microbus

Kaden - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Okay... I just wrote a long story about this one, clicked 'submit' and the site 'crashed' with a '500 internal error' 'can't connect to database', so - not gonna write everything again, so I'll just repeat the cold facts:

Skoda 1203 Microbus, 21 cm long (appr. 1/24 scale), mint in box, probably made of plastic, friction motor, rear doors open, brand currently unknown (is visible but unreadable on photos of box), made in Czechoslovakia or Czech Republic (depending on age). Searched on eBay trying to find similar ones but no luck in current or completed auctions worldwide.

A real bargain at €10.60 including p+p!!!

Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Teebodk.

Re: ? - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Here you'll find some more of them.

DDR-Modellautos

Click on "Schwungradautos" and then scroll down to the end of the site. There are your Skodas.

The brand is Kaden. The site is about toy cars from the formerly German Democratic Republic. But this car is from the formerly Czechoslovakia.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by pixmax.

Re: ? - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
You should be able to type it all up in Word or word pad and then paste and copy. I was doing that for a while as I would hit the wrong key and go to another page, go back and all gone. ooppssss.

Re: ? - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Pixmax, that was very interesting, so this one is from between 1980 and 1989 and has a... detachable roof!!! Wonder what that's supposed to be good for

I've heard of Kaden before, but never had any of their models.

Re: ? - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #5

Platinum Boarder
You should be able to type it all up in Word or word pad and then paste and copy. I was doing that for a while as I would hit the wrong key and go to another page, go back and all gone. ooppssss.

You mean the wrong key known as ctrl+alt+delete? Nah, seriously, you're very right: it's never a good idea to just type away and then hit submit, leaving it to fate what happens next... and that goes for any site, not just TC. I usually hit ctrl+c before submitting an entry, but for some funny (very funny, haha!) reason I didn't do that this time... and paid the price!

Re: ? - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #6

Platinum Boarder
The time of release on this site are not sure.

About this car i know i played with it. But this was in the 70s!

Re: ? - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Kaden has some nice 1/43 models now - http://www.kbickford.com/AlphaK.html and http://www.kaden.cz/kadenhracky/?s=products&j=en

I have an old Politoys copy of an Alfa as well - plastic, 1/43...

Re: ? - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Marked KDN on the baseplate (all plastic, 1/43 copy of the Politoys):

Click to enlarge.

Re: Kaden - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #9

Platinum Boarder
When you say 'copy', is that to be taken literally as 'exact replica' or more like 'too many similarities to be incidental'? If it is indeed a 'replica', I wonder if it was authorized or not? And how many? And which ones? Ohm all those questions!

Re: Kaden - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #10

Platinum Boarder
A lot of the Politoys molds form the 1960s ended up in Russia, so perhaps this one went to Czechoslovakia?  I do not have the original (yet) to compare!

See http://www.mpdiecast.net/models/fiat.html for some Politoys Alfas made in Russia!

Re: Kaden - Skoda 1203 Microbus 3 years, 1 month ago #11

Platinum Boarder
That's a lot of models! And though some of them seem to have been modified slightly by the russians others look like exact replicas of, not only Politoys/Polistil, but also Mebe Toys - both have some very characteristic wheel-types, easily recognizable.

Seems to be a whole industry - same thing happened with the 1:1 cars, like Fiat, NSU, Chevy and so on... once you're finished with them, send 'em east!
  • Page: