New arrivals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New arrivals

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks, 5 days ago #421

Platinum Boarder
The batteryholder is ok. I used two coins to make the contact and the light works. I think the problem is with the axcle, maybe a bad contact with the axcle. But i think i have to open the car to get to the axcle.

The axcle is in the black circle.

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks, 5 days ago #422

Platinum Boarder
The truck should be held together with a screw. If not it will pry apart with a flat screw driver, if I remember right. If the cam on the axle is worn out you will see that when you turn the rear wheels. If not, it is probably just a matter of adjusting the tab that contact with the axle and the second tab inside. The two should touch to turn on the light and then shut off as the cam turns to the lower point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks, 4 days ago #423

Platinum Boarder
My neighbour brought me these today. A package of six Historic cars by Reader's Digest.

All 6 mint in the box but the box has a little damage. The cars are pull back action. Has anybody an idea what the price is for these cars?

Thank you.

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks, 4 days ago #424

Platinum Boarder
Again, you ask for prices when the best place is eBay as it is most current. Find some for sale and then look at the history of past sales to see what they sold for, IF they sold at all. They are not worth that much as Reader's Digest put out so many of these. maybe $3.00 to $5.00 each is my guess but check with ebay.

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks, 4 days ago #425

Platinum Boarder
I do have a small collection of these Reader's Digest miniature cars and like Jim has replied they are cheap and affordable to buy on eBay and the likes. I do not think there has been a real price hike with these little plastic wonders although I have notice lately the Hong Kong early versions have improved in selling price at times compared to those marked Made in China.

These Avon promotions sometime attract the odd bidder although these were given to me by the Avon sales lady hostess who visited so long ago at one of my wife's Avon parties. Then there were those Tupperware ones as well where I received a fishing tackle box which I still have too. By the way those aftershave bottle cars and stuff fetch even a grander price at times too.

Cheers in collecting.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by GunnerJim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks, 1 day ago #426

Platinum Boarder
I bought 3 Corgi Major Warner & Swasey cranes and i'm going to make 1 great looking crane. I have the turning knobs and i can use those turning knobs for the Corgi Mack Truck.

Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by chaccamacca.

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks, 1 day ago #427

Platinum Boarder
Yes looks like Corgi made good using of those turning knobs. Are those knobs made from plastic or zamak would be of interest to me.

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks ago #428

Platinum Boarder
They are not plastic so...

Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: New arrivals 2 weeks ago #429

Platinum Boarder
And today this in the fleamarket in my hometown:

Corgi Toys Muppet Fozzie Bear in the original box  and another Mobilgaz truck.

Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New arrivals 1 week, 3 days ago #430

Platinum Boarder
And today this in the mail:

another Ford Mustang Fastback 2+2 with driver and dog and a Corgi Ferrari 308 GTS.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: New arrivals 1 week, 3 days ago #431

Platinum Boarder
You probably clean up the painted pony as usual it could have been painted with hobby paints that should be cleaned off easy enough.

Re: New arrivals 3 days, 17 hours ago #432

Platinum Boarder
Another Corgi Ferrari 308 GTS in the original box and with Ferrari sign.

Re: New arrivals 1 day, 20 hours ago #433

Platinum Boarder
And today two Corgi Major Warner & Swasey trucks. I have used the yellow stand to restore one truck and i'm going to use the turning knob for the Corgi Mack truck.

Re: New arrivals 1 day, 13 hours ago #434

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see these and great that you got a knob to use and the out rigger too.

Re: New arrivals 1 day, 12 hours ago #435

Very good!