New arrivals
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New arrivals

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #406

Platinum Boarder
I did some work on the Corgi Toys Mack Truck.

I had the two knobs from the Corgi Fire Truck and i took a hollow iron rod from an old VHS video cassette. There are some things from an old VHS video cassette you can use.

I glued the two knobs in this hollow iron rod and cut them to the right size. This iron rod fits exactly on the Mack Truck. First tried them and glued all toghether and voila.

Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by chaccamacca.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #407

Platinum Boarder
Great remedy and that you manage to come up with solving the problem that many face in the past by adapting something out of a scrap recycling box of tricks for the axle driver needed for the Corgi cannibalized similar winch parts to fit into the winch mechanicalism.

My question does the knobs work individually for the jib and hoist operations.

Cheers.

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #408

That is a great solution Patrick!
And as Keessie in an older post mentioned: never throw away old video tapes!

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #409

Platinum Boarder
No, old video tapes are a trove of parts if you do that sort of building. This looks like a good solution to the problem but how did you make them work independently of each other as James has asked. Clearer pictures might help too. Also the work Right has no W in front of it. That is for writing with a pen, am I not right? Just trying to help, no offense meant.

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #410

Platinum Boarder
When i just tried to turn the knobs it did not work, it was all glued together. So i used the Nitro solver to get the knobs off again. It looks like i need to find another soulution.

Maybe i drill a little hole in the knobs and try a little srew.

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #411

Platinum Boarder
Outer sleeve to hold both knobs through the attachement on the truck and inner sleeves to put the knobs to so they will turn independently. You might need some sort of collar to hold the knobs in. Not sure how that would work. The set screw in the knob would hold the knob to the sleeve but how to keep the sleeve in place on the outer sleeve that would hold both. Not sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim, chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #412

Platinum Boarder
I had a think of your problem yesterday, but my mind was elsewhere in the garden. I have read Jim's suggestion on how to fix your problem and I would definitely try it. What you could do is make a drawing of what Jim has wrote showing the process before you tackle this fix it problem and show us all including your fix it problem.

Many Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaccamacca

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #413

Platinum Boarder
Good suggestion James. Too bad we don't have a really good shot of the mechanism and maybe in pieces too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 2 weeks ago #414

Platinum Boarder
I see that the corgi Toys 1153 Boom Crane has the same knobs.

I'm going to look in to that.

Is there somebody who has these knobs as spare parts, let me know please.

Thank you.

Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by chaccamacca.

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 1 week ago #415

Platinum Boarder
And today i found this near my hometown for 8€.

A Corgi Toys Fiat X 1/9 with trailer and the Carlsberg Power Boat.

I'm very happy for that price.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: New arrivals 3 months, 1 week ago #416

Platinum Boarder
Very nice condition too. I should think your pleased with your find. I would be.

Re: New arrivals 2 months, 3 weeks ago #417

Platinum Boarder
The fleamarket that is every saturday in my hometown started today.  I found these: another Corgi Toys Vigilant Range Rover and a police helicopter, for restoration.

Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by chaccamacca.

Re: New arrivals 2 months, 3 weeks ago #418

good finds patrick!

Re: New arrivals 2 months, 3 weeks ago #419

Platinum Boarder
And this week also this beauty in the mail: Corgi Toys Police Commer Van. I made the box and i have to do a little work on the lamp. The lamp works but does flash. I think a liittle problem with the axcle.

Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by chaccamacca.

Re: New arrivals 2 months, 3 weeks ago #420

Platinum Boarder
Corroded contacts is a likely problem. Take the van body off and you should be able to see the connections and the battery holder and axle too.