Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Looking for parts for a diecast model or model kit? Post here to see if anyone's got what you're looking for!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread

Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week, 4 days ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Ok, So here goes...

I have been doing a bit of research into parts that seem somewhat unobtainable for die cast model cars (Dinky) recently and as I know that as a collector and restorer sometimes there can be plenty of head scratching then the only way if you cannot get hold a reproduction part is to simply make the part from scratch yourself (If you have the ways and means of doing so i.e a metal pressing machine or mould manufacture etc.) all of which cost considerable time money and investment.

Anyway the point being that we all know it can be very tedious and frustrating if you were to have a die cast model in your collection and cannot get it restored however much we all want them to be, whether you have picked up a model that is missing several non-existent parts then this is going to be a thread for all of those incomplete vehicles to be listed into a list for all to view on planet Die cast and possibly discuss furthermore...

If anyone else knows of any of their prized collection or vehicle being restored is missing a part/s let me know or list it below on this post, thanks.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by 143Madness.

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week, 4 days ago #2

Fresh Boarder
For Example:

On RoutemasterNL's March 2017 Bench Post he says that "I need to find an engine for a French Dinky 1428 Peugeot 504".

I would like to add a hyperlink to that particular thread if anyone knows how this is possible on the site??

Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by 143Madness.

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week, 4 days ago #3

Fresh Boarder
Below pictures are a couple of my examples of sorry looking later dinky models incomplete that are in dire need of repair.

When I acquired the Austin  London Taxi  no 284 I initially wanted something bad it had no rear doors thus I ordered a new door for what I thought was the right hand side only to find that it was a left hand rear door instead, although that did need replacing so I took the opportunity to do so.

Problem is weirdly  no right hand repro door actually exists for this model, only the left it seemed so I had bought the wrong door in good faith only to find I have made a boob..big mistake

The Pontiac Parisienne on the other hand no 173 came with only 2 wheel hubs , but spaces for another two.

Have tried looking literally everywhere online for these and a week or so ago I thought I had found somebody selling this specific design of dinky hub, alas not the correct design.

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week, 4 days ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Sounds like your dealing with the wrong suppliers, to me. I can get both doors for your 284 Dinky Taxi, I just have to specify, LH or RH in my order and no problem. Left and right in all vehicles is determined by where the driver sits facing forward. Does not matter what hand drive the car or truck is.
As to the 173 Pontiac and the hubs you need, I would have to ask my supplier if he has these.

I should add that you are correct and there are lots of Dinky parts that are not available. Good gears for the Missile launcher comes to mind and there seems to be a small need for tin base plates from the 30 series cars from time to time. Others are more obscure but there is the option of buying a more complete but damaged model and combine the two into one. You are still left with and incomplete car but it is one way to make one out of two when parts are not available.

There are suppliers in Britain, Holland and France all dealing with some that the others don't.
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week, 3 days ago #5

Fresh Boarder
RH door behind the driver on the model would most defiantly be useful Nobleco to the taxi as at the moment any passengers will be getting draft and close view of the pavement!! lol

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week, 3 days ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Not much point in the part traveling back and forth across the Atlantic. You can get it from Steve Flowers yourself and save some cash. I sell them (If I had any in stock) for about $7.95 or so on eBay and members I give a 10% discount to plus the shipping and from me to you is more than the cost of the door at $8.00. All prices are in US dollars from me too. Steve sells it for about £0.95 plus what ever he charges for shipping and you need to send that when you order the part or have a Credit Card registered with him like I do. NO you can not use mine, LOL Besides, mine just expired and he does not have the new numbers yet. You can order direct from him or ask him to bring it to the next toy fair he will be at and I have no idea where or when. He lives in Glenfield, Leicester and I know he does shows around that area. Theo or Gerrit may be able to tell you what shows he does go to at they both got to shows in Britain and there are members here from Britain that also attend them. I am sure they could tell you too.

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week, 2 days ago #7

Gold Boarder
in the uk   theres steve flowers   model supplies   he deals with dinky corgi matchbox ect   and are really good quilty parts

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Model Supplies has heaps of Dinky and Corgi spares including heaps of spare parts.

Re: Imcomplete Diecast Models Thread 1 week ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Yup, that is what I said.
  • Page: