• Page:

TOPIC: Kenner Fast 111's

Kenner Fast 111's 1 month, 1 week ago #1

Fresh Boarder
Kenner Fast 111's issued between 1980 and 1983 before being discontinued.  Known for their large rear bumper and license plates.  I had the Jett Vett (Corvette) in my youth and never forgot how smoothly these cars rolled.  Below are two photos of cars from my collection.  Please share if you've caught the Fast 111's fever as well 

-Frank

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 month, 1 week ago #2

Thanks Frank,
I have not seen these before. You are right about the bumper and license plate, these are hughe. The casting looks very detailed
The following user(s) said Thank You: fseelye

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 month, 1 week ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Theo on the bumpers and thanks for posting them.
I am also glad the Kenner addition to the forum finally was posted.

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 month, 1 week ago #4

Platinum Boarder
very interesting designs, thanks for sharing

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 month ago #5

Fresh Boarder
Time to Crack open some Kenners. I thought i would post some photos of todays fun. The blisters on these were either cracked (Street Boss), extremely yellowed from age (Dizzy Lizzy), or coming unglued from the card (Evil Eye). Time to crack them open and get them displayed. I hope you enjoy the experience of cracking open some 30+ year old Kenners 

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 month ago #6

Really nice cars and so futuristic. What is the difference between the two similar looking blue cars on the right?
Oh and now I see the two black ones too, is there also a difference?

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 month ago #7

Fresh Boarder
Those are just duplicates. The size on those in particular is a bit larger than typical 1/64th scale size. They check in at 3 and a 1/4 inches. Typical cars I collect are 3 inches or less and will fit in Jammer style cases (the thread storage cases as they are marketed now). These larger ones require more room which made necessary the adjustable Plano cases I use for wall display. I still need the White version of the Evil Eye truck (the Blue ones you asked about).
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 week, 2 days ago #8

Fresh Boarder
I use this earlier PD post as a guideline for Fast 111's collecting since I haven't found anything more complete:  

www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...html&Itemid=2435

I did notice a discrepancy regarding the Twin Tank Turbo. It shows it as having a chrome Hong Kong bumper. This is true since I now have one of each color with that bumper. I also have one of each color with a chrome Made in Macao on the base. Apparently this model was made in both locations. I will update as I discover more on Fast 111's.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 week, 1 day ago #9

Gold Boarder
Very interesting. I have never seen these Kenners before. The rear bumpers are really a curiosity.

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 week, 1 day ago #10

Fresh Boarder
The bumpers are basically a love them or hate them thing for most. They work better on some models than others. I really dislike the bumper setup on the Mustang in particular. It leaves the Mustang with two taillights. Other models it works nicely with for example the Shark Shifter and the Firebird (Blazin Bandit). The "one of a kind license plates" are the other mainstay of the series.

Re: Kenner Fast 111's 1 week ago #11

Platinum Boarder
That is an old blog from seven years ago. I often used to read all those Tales of Toy cars blogs so long ago now.
Last Edit: 1 week ago by GunnerJim.
  • Page: