Star Wars is coming
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Star Wars is coming

Re: Star Wars is coming 7 years, 1 month ago #46

Platinum Boarder
Nice but I have never seen anything but the mico ones I told you about. Too bad as I might have picked up a couple.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 12 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
Found a few more

The Khetanna - Star Wars Series (Jabba's barge)

A double pack of Jango Fett's Slave 1 (which is the same as Boba's Slave 1 pictured here earlier except in blue) and  Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter

I watched all the movies a couple times, but I am no expert on these vehicles and when they appeared and who was flying them. Earlier I posted this Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter as well (below). They are both from the Hot Wheels Star Wars Edition so would have been from one of the first 6 movies. I assume the two different Jedi Starfighters were flown by Kenobi in different films but unfortunately the packaging does not give that detail. However, some Googling indicates they were both used by Kenobi in the movie Clone Wars

Last Edit: 6 years, 12 months ago by Tick.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 12 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Earlier in this thread we took a side track to some vintage Kenner produced Star Wars diecasts and Luff and I discussed the rare Tie Bomber that is the gem of the collection. I can never paste weblinks to this forum for some reason , but if you enter 192117980435 (ebay item number) into the ebay search field, you will see  boxed and mint versions recently sold for $1,400 and this one 262859897706 for $2,200 USD !!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!! Another sold for $1,100 as well.
Last Edit: 6 years, 12 months ago by Tick.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 12 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
I searched both on eBay, world wide, all sales and did not find them.
USE your QUICK KEYS to paste here. Hold the Ctrl key and then press the V key. Copy the text or link any way you normally do it for the address then use the quick keys to paste. The quick Key for copy is Ctrl+C. There are many dozen quick keys as back in the day, there was no mouse. lol bet not many here know that fact.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 12 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
I cannot paste to this forum by any means from my work computer. Never could. Don't know why. It is what it is.

I realise now those numbers wont simply show up on ebay as they are completed and no longer active. You need to enter the search, and after zero results are found, go to advanced options and check off "sold listings" then hit search again. It will appear then. If you choose "completed listings" you will see whatever ones were recently posted (sold or not)

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 12 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
I did find one and it sold for almost 3 grand Cdn. That is crazy.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 12 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
and yet the others from the Kenner line up go for peanuts.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
Found another, I didn't even know was produced. I have a list of ones I know are out there in a wish list to hunt for, so this was a surprise find.

Rogue One Series Imperial Cargo Shuttle

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
Just saw Rogue 1 on Shaw on Demand the other night. Not bad for what it is, spin off of earlier times than the Starwars series. I enjoyed it and will watch it again some day.
Question....what is that round thing on the front inside the package, What is it supposed to be and was it in the movie?

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
It's the base to a stand  that comes with each model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
Here is a picture of what comes in the package.

The Tie Fighter on the left is from Mattel's  original  release where the stand was one piece. It's design allowed kids to insert a finger into the base and "swoosh" their hand around as if the ship was flying. See last picture.

Mattel came to their senses and since then started with the two piece stand with the round base that a post inserts into. The ship then snaps onto the post and is removable for whenever you want to play.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #57

Platinum Boarder
Great play value in these toys then. Thanks for the explanation.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #58

Platinum Boarder
Well done Mattel.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #59

Platinum Boarder
Tick wrote:
I am not a collector of HW other than a few that have stuck with me since my childhood.
However, I came across their Star War issues this year. I guess Disney (Lucas) and HW have struck a bargain for licensing.

HW has done a series of cars resembling Star Wars characters or have some trait that can be associated with a particular character. They also have released a series of numerous ship models. My son received a Millennium Falcon from a birthday party and he and I have been hooked since. He is a huge Star Wars fan, and although I am not so much in my older years, I do remember Star Wars being a big part of my life when I was about is age (12). They also reminded me of the original diecast series from 1977/78 by Kenner. The Kenners were about 4" to 7" long depending on model

There are quite a few models in this HW series. Some of the same model have variations and there are also packaging variations as well. They are about 3" long. They all come with a "Flight Navigaor" which is a display stand. The stand also hooks on to your finger so you can wave your hand around and make like they are soaring and zooming through space !!!!!

My son and I are on a mission to collect as many as possible. So far this is what we got........ you will see they come individual or in multiples and there are various packaging colour and print.

Fist Order Transporter and Resistance X Wing (Blue 3 wings opened)

Tie Fighter (notice it has short wings) and Ghost

First Order Tie Fighter and Millennium Falcon
Notice the Tie is black body
Notice the Falcon has a squared off radar dish

X Wing Red 3 (wings open), Poe's X Wing and X Wing Red 5 (wings closed)

First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter (this version is black body but has a red panel on the side of the cockpit)
Tie Fighter (notice it has taller wings)

Y Wing Fighter and Naboo Starfighter

Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter and Slave 1

Millennium Falcon (notice this version has a rounded radar dish)
and Vulture Droid

Phantom and Rebel Snowspeeder

And for comparison my collection of the original Kenner series. I am only missing the elusive Tie Bomber which fetches crazy prices. There is one on eBay right now with current bidding over $100USD and not mint. My collection has a few scratches and such but all parts are there!

Millennium Falcon, Snowspeeder, Twin Pod, Tie Fighter, Darth Vader Tie Fighter, Imperial Star Destroyer, X Wing, Y Wing and Land Cruiser. The X Wing's wings open and close, the Destroyer has a detachable escape pod underneath inside an opening door and the two Tie Fighters have a removable cockpit seat with a Darth Vader character (don't know why he is in both vehicles). These are a couple to a few inches larger than the new HW series

Hi Tick, I have a few of these Hotwheels. There are more to be found with the black sries and Titanium series.

Re: Star Wars is coming 6 years, 11 months ago #60

Platinum Boarder
For those who are not familiar with these,  the models Dinkyjay posted are the Titanium Series by Hasbro (not Mattell or Hot Wheels).

They are smaller than the Hot Wheels but tend to have much more detaill. I assume they are more catered for the older kid and adult collectors. My son has a few and they are really nice little models. Heavy for their size too. He also has their larger models which are very detailed, solid and heavy. He has a Tie Fighter and X Wing which are much larger than the Hot Wheels
Last Edit: 6 years, 11 months ago by Tick.