Today's finds
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels
  • Page:

TOPIC: Today's finds

Today's finds 5 days, 17 hours ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I like this!!!!! We went to a nearby indoor market, and I found these:

3 vinyl singles, a Robbie Williams CD (with 'Candy), two bags of metal, which will function as exhausts or other, a Sony camera with loader and chips, and..............a Chipperfields horse!!!!!

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 15 hours ago #2

I can see why you are excited Kees: a BZN single
Ja Zuster Nee Zuster and what is the third one?
Does the camera function properly? It is always a bit of a gamble buying that at a fair, but it depends on the price too.

Can you show the bags of metal a bit larger? I am curious what these metal rods/pipes look like in detail

And you have some left over lolly, 30 euros at least

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 13 hours ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Theo, I knew you were the member who would like this! Ok, as you know I collect vinyl singels, and we know 'Ja zuster nee zuster' is a Dutch show from the 60's. The only one missing in my collection now is 'Mijn opa'. BZN is another famous Duch band, and the third single is 'I will follow him' from Jose.

The camera which I use, also for workbench pictures is a Sony 3.2. from 2003. I bought it new then, and a few years ago I bought a second one on the Dutch Marketplace for next to nothing. Thing is, the foto-stick used in that camera is out of date, but very good to use in the computer. So today I saw another similar camera to mine, actually a bit smaller. It has two extra sticks, which were worth the asking price.

So, when I came home, I took a picture of what I bought first. After that I made a picture with the 'new' camera (yes, it works!). Here is that picture, so please compare it to that previous one.

Other questions to be answered after this.

Last Edit: 5 days, 13 hours ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 13 hours ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Some more about the camera: as the cables, adaptor/battery charger and guidebook were still with it, no doubt the seller had been carefull with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 12 hours ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Looks to me to be slightly brighter on the first photo compared to the second. That is minor and can be fixed with a light setting or during editing. Good score though with the extra cards. Now you don't have to worry about your old camera going obsolete on you.

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 12 hours ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim. About the camera, I just put batteries in and took a shot, and I did not adjust anything. So now I have three more or less similar camaras, and I am not even a camera-man!

There is more. When we left home, my wife took out some money. Although I had some in my purse, she is sure she gave me 30 euros paper money, which I just put in my jeans-pocket. I paid the entrance, and bought all this.....and when I came home emptied my pockets, to find there was 30 euros left.......

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 12 hours ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Good on the camera even if your not a camera guy. You still take pretty good pictures, if you ask me. Trick is the really close up ones and finding the right setting for that.
Finding money in you pockets is always a good thing. Now it looks like you got all this for free. How much did you have in your wallet (purse) when you left? or do you remember. I like finding money I did not know i had. You lucky guy, not take Gerrie out to dinner.

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 11 hours ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Jim, I never opened my purse today, so there is no point knowing what was or is in there.

Yep, these cheap cameras take rather good pictures, only close-ups are not too good. It is so handy to use on the workbench, just click with holding it in one hand.

Good thing isn't it, thinking/knowing I had everything for free. I really can't remember that mistakes were made today, nor did I already have money in my pocket. Mind you, all this in the picture I bought for 11 euros and 20 cents.
Last Edit: 5 days, 11 hours ago by Keesie.

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 11 hours ago #9

Platinum Boarder
And here the picture of the same situation taken with the camera I already had. In the picture is now the camera I bought today.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 11 hours ago #10

Platinum Boarder
You have to wonder what went wrong of how it happened that you came home with all your cash. You have to like a day like that.

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 11 hours ago #11

Platinum Boarder
And indeed, I did not take Jerry out to dinner. She, on the other hand, bought a lot of clothes today.......so we were both happy.

The seller from the Chipperfield horse wanted 25 cents for it. I told her the details about the 1130 Chipperfields horse transporter, and then I got it for 20 cents.....
Last Edit: 5 days, 10 hours ago by Keesie.

Re: Today's finds 5 days, 4 hours ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Always the haggler. Good for you.

Re: Today's finds 4 days, 20 hours ago #13

Platinum Boarder
No idea what a haggler is, but I can guess......

Theo, here a close up of the parts in the bags.Yes, taken with my 'new' camera!

Last Edit: 3 days, 10 hours ago by Keesie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Today's finds 2 days, 4 hours ago #14

Platinum Boarder
It is a person who likes to get something for a better price and starts low and works their way up. Haggle, to negotiate a price through talk and compromise, my definition not the dictionary.
  • Page: