Show off your collection!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
General discussions about Hot Wheels

TOPIC: Show off your collection!

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #76

Junior Boarder
Beautiful cars in both pictures above. I'll dig out my Cobra and get a pic of it. I've picked up a couple more over the years to go with it. Maybe I'll put them together.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #77

Platinum Boarder
let's not forget about Tom Selleck in Magnum, P.I.

As a kid, that's the show that introduced me to Ferrari

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #78

Junior Boarder
Yes Magnum. Great show.

These are two of the Hot Wheels Ferrari 308 GTS models. Red from 1996, yellow from 1998. Made in China. They are listed as "old Corgi castings" for those who have an interest there. I'm not sure the exact history, maybe Matel owned Corgi for a while?

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #79

Junior Boarder
Here are about half of my Cobras. A repeat in there. The one up front is my original. I guess I've had it about 30 years give or take. Long enough that it lost its windshield.

At some point in my teenage years I found a donor car and made a replacement for it. That poor, poor donor car. It was brand new from the store and I cut it right in half with a hack saw. But it was only a dollar. I had no idea about collecting back then, let's just hope it wasn't anything too special.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #80

Platinum Boarder
More small text in the post. DO NOT Change or edit this post as I want Kyle (Site Admin) to see it as it is. I have made a screen shot and copied the link to this page and sent them to him. Hopefully he can figure out why this is happening.
Jim

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #81

Platinum Boarder
You say you cut the car in half with a hack saw? Did you do that to the dark red one and was it along the center of the body, front to rear or across the middle of the car side to side. I can't tell.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #82

Junior Boarder
Actually,  I think I have an idea. I posted that from my phone. The section that is small I had cut and pasted at one point. That may have had something to do with it. Hope that help in assessing the issues.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #83

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, I will pass that on.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #84

Junior Boarder
The donor car that I cut in half years ago....

I don't recall exactly. I didn't have a real good idea of what I was doing. If I had known what I was doing I would have drilled the rivets, would have been easier. But I think I cut it in half down the door line just behind the windshield to then access the windshield. The rest of that car went in the trash a long time ago.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Ah, kids and their toys. Got it. I used to blow my Dinky Toys up with Fire Crackers back in the late 1950's and early 1960's. We had powerful crackers back then called Atoms. There were different strenghts to them too so you could literally blow the roof off a car or van. Did that a few times. Don't ask me what ones I blew up though. All I remember is that I did not like them so blew them up. After a day of that they were a mess so I would dump them in my friends back yard barrel burner to be destroyed for ever more. He had great fun playing on dirt piles as they were still going yard work. The burning barrel was the atom bomb of our world,
Go in there to never return. LOL Those were the days.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Yes, I can see the small text in that earlier post by "AbeFroman", just like some of my posts.

Rollerman.

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #87

Platinum Boarder
OMG Jim, it must be a Canadian thing. I did the same to my cars. Little fire crackers or doused them with rubbing alcohol and lit them up.

Shane

Re: Show off your collection! 8 years, 1 month ago #88

Platinum Boarder
LOL Only in Canda, EH?